ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dear Offensive coaches

Anachnid

Rookie
Dec 31, 2021
Please do not make the QB an active part of the running offense. Save his legs and body for when he needs to escape. You have you have seven possible passing targets ( three rbs, two ends and two tackles) and five possible running options (three rbs and two ends). If you can’t figure about an offense with those options, quit.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Well, we never throw to the tight ends, so I imagine that the tackles won't be too busy catching passes either.

Rick, do you think it only a coincidence that long lasting QBs in the NFL also had a really good tight ends? Big Ben and Money come to mind as well as TB and Hernandez and Gronk.

Reactions: urfan1
Please do not make the QB an active part of the running offense. Save his legs and body for when he needs to escape. You have you have seven possible passing targets ( three rbs, two ends and two tackles) and five possible running options (three rbs and two ends). If you can’t figure about an offense with those options, quit.
I agreed with your concerns...thinking back in recent years about Spiders QB's who were a part of the rushing offense I can think of John Laub and Joe Mancuso...I'm not sure either ever played a full injury free season...

Coach Huesman said when Cosh left that he would retain the Cosh offense...Udinski was obviously not a significant part of the rushing game.

Unless he's thinking differently now, I hope Wickersham will only have a handful of designated rushing plays in the scheme and the okay to scramble if necessary.

Wickersham is highly regarded, but has played little. Unless there's someone I'm forgetting, whoever backs up Wickersham has played even less.

Spring practice will be interesting to see what the offensive scheme becomes post Cosh.

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT