ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-camp offensive positional assessment

I like Jake Larson' s senior stats, 6/6 on FGs, 60-61 on XPs, and 32 touchbacks...impressive to say the least. Yeah I know it's high school, but it hard to improve on perfection. Our Achilles heal for years now has been kickoff field position and missed extra points, I would love to see some stabilization there for sure.

Jake’s High School is Saint Frances Academy of Baltimore.Top 5 team in the Country.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schoo...-(baltimore,md)/football-fall-18/schedule.htm

They did a ton of offensive scoring.Little need for FGs.Plenty of need for PATs.

HS kickoffs are from 40 yd line(not 35 except for Ivy which is also from the 40).In High School if ball enters beyond the goal line either in the air or on the ground,it is a touchback.

Jake has a seat at the Early arrivals frosh table so the coaches must think he’s the PAT/Kickoff/FG guy.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see kickoffs reach the end zone or close to it. I know it's been a big issue on this board and I'm not picking on any of our former kickers but our opponents have been getting really good field position on our kickoffs and punts for what seems like forever.

Reactions: SpiderRick
The ability to kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs has been lacking for several years now. Thought the kid who transferred in from ND was going to be that guy, but alas, he was not. UR's inability to kick touchbacks has led to some excellent starting field position for all opponents the last few seasons and put a lot of burden on our defense right out of the gate.

Legitimate question for those who may have been to Spring practice or have information: Are we still punting out of that spread/shield formation with three blockers/protectors in front of the punter? I know the formation provides advantages for the punt coverage guys and a lot of colleges use it but man we have really seemed to struggle with our punting, punt coverage, and punt protection recently. There were times where I wished we quick kicked on 3rd and long just to get some field position back last season.

Reactions: SpiderRick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT