ADVERTISEMENT

Protests

Bottom line here is that all sides could benefit from more perspective. The people who think all police are biased and racist have no understanding of the daily risks they take and the decisions they need to make. They also overlook the fact that most are serving for the right reasons and are doing good. Obviously we need police or else we would devolve into anarchy.

Some police also could benefit from additional oversight and training, especially as it relates to race. And I think it makes sense not to send police to certain types of calls where they probably don't belong and frankly don't want to be. No police officer wants to shoot an autistic person or someone who's having a mental breakdown in public. Could some of those calls be handled by mental health experts? Probably. Others probably do require officers in case things go south, or if there's a weapon potentially involved, etc.

While it's true that a statistically tiny number of very public incidents caught on video – some clearly reprehensible, like the Floyd incident and others less clear, like the Blake incident – are (rightly or wrongly) driving a much larger narrative, to me the important point is WHY Blacks and others have latched onto these cases to create a national movement.

The reason is because many or most Blacks have felt unfairly targeted by police at some point. To them, these cases that are public and on video represent the portion of the iceberg visible above water, while what they have experienced is the much larger part out of sight underwater.

And to those who would suggest that Blacks are arrested at a disproportionate rate because they commit crimes at a disproportionate rate, I would ask: Why is that? And what are we collectively as a society trying to do to address and fix it? That in and of itself is a crisis that demands immediate attention.

It's no secret that there's more crime in low-income areas, and nationally speaking, low-income areas tend to be home to a higher percentage of Blacks and minorities. That's the foundational problem. Are we willing to try to fix it?

BLM currently rioting in CA because cop successfully shot dangerous perp who drew gun on him. Mask totally coming off and Left revealing themselves for who they really are. They riot because they are mad the cop didn't get killed.

Do you really believe they are mad because a police officer didn’t get killed? What is wrong with you?

Do you have an alternative explanation?

BLM punches Mexican Woman in the face while Antifa keys her car. The Rainbow Coalition of the Left:

That is absolutely the video of the shooting. Globalist MSM may not be showing it, but Conservatives have all seen it and it is all over local news media.

I think one of the biggest issues we face right now is just how ignorant most of the Left is of the basic reality of what is going on. The Right is exposed to pretty much everything because they consume Conservative News and Leftist Mainstream Media is omnipresent. But the Left really only gets one side. If something doesn't fit the official Leftist Narrative, they aren't aware it happened it all. It is like they live in their own little North Korea.

Do you really believe they are mad because a police officer didn’t get killed? What is wrong with you?

What is wrong with him is he is racist, just like the shit bag he supports, and he does not even try to hide it, also just like the shit bag.

Sorry, but I can't ignore racism. When I see or hear it, I speak up. Especially in person, but, yes, even on a message board.

Sorry, but I can't ignore virtue signaling and mindless blather punctuated by childish four-letter name-calling. It reflects the mental acuity of a grade schooler.

When I see it, I speak up.

Reactions: whampas
Antifa/BLM sets Vietnamese Church on fire. Shades of the sort of evil last scene in Spanish Civil War. 30 Businesses burned to the ground in Philadelphia at last count. PA Governor still considers it "mostly peaceful protesters" and refuses to deploy the National Guard forces Trump has made available.

Show how out of control these ridiculous rioters are. No excuse for not having enough resources to protect the rights of every American. Freedom of religion is the first "right" mentioned in the Bill of Rights. Burning churches is anathema.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
Sorry for the bump; although the protests have ended (I think), I couldn't find a better thread for it.

Remember that pastor who claimed he was a descendant of Robert E Lee?
- stated as much in a lawsuit
- wrote a book and opinion pieces in the Washington Post
- allowed Governor Northam to introduce him as such

Well....about that...https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-hes-related-robert-e-lee-theres-no-evidence/

Sorry for the bump; although the protests have ended (I think), I couldn't find a better thread for it.

Remember that pastor who claimed he was a descendant of Robert E Lee?
- stated as much in a lawsuit
- wrote a book and opinion pieces in the Washington Post
- allowed Governor Northam to introduce him as such

Well....about that...https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-hes-related-robert-e-lee-theres-no-evidence/
Ya and I’m related to Jeff Bezos, there’s no evidence that we’re not related. I actually am related to President John Tyler somehow though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT