ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Republican choice for President

Who do you think would be the best GOP choice for president?

• Ron DeSantis

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mike Pence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nikki Haley

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tim Scott

• Chris Christie

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Doug Burgum

• Vivek Ramaswamy

• Asa Hutchinson

• Larry Elder

• Donald Trump

• Total voters
As a counter for consideration:

Lowest unemployment for Blacks and Hispanics in history at the time
Inflation rate upon leaving office was 1.8%. Worthy of repeating...1.8%
Low gas prices.
First Prez in decades to not involve us in a foreign war
Abraham accords building a more stable Mideast, isolating Iran who were on their
knees from sanctions. Biden's sanction relaxation has enriched them by billions.
The courage to slap tariffs on Chinese goods which we were told would set off a catastrophic global trade war. Telling, Biden hasn't lifted them.
Border security the best in decades using existing law

Could go on. Much to detest with Trump, but do not believe his policies are among them.

Last edited:
Agree with kudos to Mike Johnson. Showed rare political courage by doing the right thing regardless of the personal consequences.

Do differ on characterizing the Nay votes on Ukraine as pro-Putin. Believe their points are: 1) we are dumping huge sums of money into a country with a reputation as corrupt with little accountability on how it is spent and 2) the higher priority should be securing our own border rather than a foreign one thousands of miles away. Personally, believe our Ukraine efforts are the right policy.

As to a previous post where I characterized Biden as "the dumbest Prez in my lifetime", regret the wording. Should have said the "least intelligent". Truly believe this.

His cannibal story is totally whacky. First off, his uncle was not a pilot: he was a passenger. Second off, the plane was not shot down, it experienced engine failure and crashed into the ocean by all official records. His penchant for these types of farcical stories is baffling.

And no, not criticizing Biden to elevate Trump who I find unfit for office. The lawfare campaign is troubling and mostly unfair to my mind so may chime up on that from time to time, but please don't mistake me as a supporter. His denial of his 2020 defeat, stirring of the pot resulting in January 6 is a bridge too far for me. Policy wise, he was more good than bad for the average American.
KE, my understanding is the US is not giving Ukraine a blank check. The majority of the money allocated for Ukraine (one source said 84 percent) goes back into the US for the manufacture of war materials and to replacing/updating US equipment, vehicles, etc. that are being sent to Ukraine. Any any money sent directly to Ukraine, including humanitarian aid, is supposedly being monitored and accounted for so that corrupt individuals cannot get rich off of it. Not going to claim that I know who the monitor is though.

I certainly agree that the southern border is a problem but I still am at a loss as to why Republicans vetoed the bipartisan bill that would have addressed some of the big issues, like making asylum more difficult to claim. It certainly was not perfect but why not take the win and make things better? It was endorsed by the Border Patrol, US Chamber of Commerce, and the Wall Street Journal, 3 conservative organizations, and the Republicans had the leverage with Democrats with the aid to Ukraine and Israel situation. It became clear that Trump did not want a solution, or even a partial solution, since then he could no longer campaign on the southern border problem, and that ended it and some strong supporters, including Lindsey Graham and McConnell, changed their positions. I wish the Republicans would have had the same courage demonstrated by Johnson and passed the legislation for the good of the country.

This has to be the dumbest thing Biden has ever said.

At the next state dinner in the Whitehouse, the Chicom President Xi will lean over to his subordinate and say... "I bet his uncle tasted like chicken."
Pretty stupid/crazy remark by Biden, I agree. But the worst I ever heard a President say was Trump talking about Kim Jong Un: "We fell in love. We wrote each other beautiful love letters". No telling what the 2 of them were doing in their private meetings. That was worse than the Covid remedy Trump thought of for injecting bleach or light into the human body to destroy the virus.

Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT