ADVERTISEMENT

Opponent Tracker

Davidson was up by 10 with 100 seconds to go. The lead is now one. Cats headed to the line with four seconds to play, so Bama will at least have a shot to tie.

Whew…big sigh. A-10 really needed that one. Davidson is tops in the NET, so need them to be one of our top teams.

Reactions: urfan1
I question whether Davidson winning was good for us. They are ahead of us in every metric and now have a better quality win than anything we can get the rest of the year. The A10 is not getting three teams in. We better beat them and finish ahead of them in the regular season or else this does nothing but hurt us.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Yeah but they are going to be about 40 spots ahead of us in the NET now with a win we can't touch. I don't see how we pass them in the eyes of the committee unless they crap the bed in league play or we going 17-1 or something crazy.

Outside of an auto bid, we need quality wins. Davidson is one of our best shots at one.
I agree. Our resume is pretty weak @ this point. The best part to it is we don't have any terrible losses. We desperately need quad 1 and even quad 2 wins. We should be rooting for everyone in the A10 ( I just can't pull for vcu no matter what) to win every game OOC at this point.

Even if they’d lost tonight, we’d still have to finish ahead of them in A-10 play. We’ve run out of chances for quality OOC wins, so they’ll have to come from conference play.

Reactions: Spider B
I think they'd still have been a good win even with a loss tonight. If they bomb in league play, they're not a good win anyway. If they finish ahead of us, we'renot getting a bid ahead of them. Just have to hope we kill them I guess.

Last edited:
Rothstein gets it. ;)

But seriously, we probably need to be 15–3 plus some conference tourney wins to be on the bubble. I'll take my chances against Davidson finishing better than that.

No we need us Bona and Davidson to be a 3 headed monster and kill everyone in the league. Then beat each other and reap the benefits of each having higher nets. Can’t have any cannibalization.

Unfortunately, Bona is actually shaping up to be a spoiler. NET of 109 is 8th in the A-10.

OOC résumés are nearly set...the three-headed monster needs to come teams that are already at the top of the conference in NET. Davidson, SLU, VCU, us, and Rhody...pick your faves.

Another great opportunity for the A-10...Mason at Wisconsin on Thursday. Both got freed up after COVID issues at Morgan State and Coppin State.

We need something like this to happen for us in the absolute worst way. Hopefully we'll have a chance or two during the league schedule when someone else goes on covid pause.

Pretty good night overall, actually. Lots of wins, many by really wide margins. NC State obviously very disappointing. Georgia State loss was also too bad...they had a shot to win it in regulation, but didn't get the bucket.

Wins
Davidson 79, Alabama 78
Mississippi State 84, Winthrop 63
Mason 67, American 44
Dayton 69, Southern 60
Toledo 95, Marshall 63
Utah State 81, Portland State 62

Losses
Wright State 84, NC State 70
UTEP 70, NC Central 61
Georgia Tech 72, Georgia State 62 (OT)

A10 needs to rethink the forfeit rule. Imagine Davidson any of the other top teams having to forfeit against La Salle?
Would tank the NET/Rpi assuming the game counts as that.

Clock is ticking Bernadette….

Opponent Tracker 12/22/2021:

Maryland Eastern Shore vs George Washington - 12:00 (Canceled)
Johnson & Wales vs Davidson - 1:00
Wofford vs Duquesne - 3:00 (Canceled)
Liberty vs Northern Iowa - 3:00
Chicago Stats vs Drake - 6:00
Sam Houston vs NC Central - 6:00

Last edited:
Reactions: plydogg
Crazy that Davidson came home from Bama last night and have a game at 1pm today. I know it doesn’t count for anything, but still. Looks like they really wanted to maintain a holiday home game for staff appreciation day so they brought in a local D-III team.

Reactions: gospidersgo
It primarily is, and yes, they do. Main campus is in Rhode Island, but they have an outpost in Charlotte. But I was wrong about them being D-III. They're in the USCAA.

Will a win in Pittsburgh move Wofford back to Q1?
Doubt it .. and even if it does this win won't stay Q1 when it matters .. hopefully they have a strong Southern conference run and it sticks to W2 - SoCo pretty good this year so not guaranteed imo though.

The NCAA needs to adjust their protocols ASAP. Their current policies are outdated given widescale vaccination and the unprecedented spread of this new variant.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT