ADVERTISEMENT

OOC Predictions

SpiderTrap

Graduate Assistant
Nov 6, 2007
With the season fast approaching - wanted to get some views on what people think will happen record wise from an OOC perspective. Here are the games below and my predictions. I got us going right around .500 at 7-6. I could see that being 8-5 or down to 6-7. Anything above 8 win would be surprising, and anything below 6 wins would be very disappointing.

VMI - W
SIena - W
@ Boston College - L
Colorado - L
Florida State/UNLV - L
Queens - W
@Wichita St - L
William Mary - W
@Northern Iowa - W
@Florida - L
Charlotte - L
Buffalo - W
Lafayette - W

Reactions: 8legs1dream
I’d like to think UR wins one of those games Trap has marked as an L but then again Moon’s track record is also to usually lose one game we see as a very likely win. So 7-6 seems fair until this team shows what it can is/can be.

Maybe we win Colorado or 1 of those games on that trip. But then I worry - we have Charlotte, Buffalo, and Lafayette at the end - do we lose 1 of those in an ugly game. Thats why I picked Charlotte.

Maybe we win Colorado or 1 of those games on that trip. But then I worry - we have Charlotte, Buffalo, and Lafayette at the end - do we lose 1 of those in an ugly game. Thats why I picked Charlotte.
Yes, we will lose one of those 3 games at the end of OOC. That is a Mooney special. Are we playing any of them at neutral sight, say in DC, cause that would be a no brainer.

Charlotte finished top 100 with a CBI trophy and wins over NIT champs North Texas and a Boise squad that danced with an at-large bid.

Not saying we can't beat them, but they're likely to be among the tougher teams on our schedule. (Which also says something about our so-so schedule.)

Here is a baseline from others

OpponentKenpomwin %Torvikwin %
VMI
349​
94%362 (Ⅳ)98%
Siena
268​
84%315 (Ⅳ)89%
Boston College
128​
39%101 (Ⅱ)23%
Colorado
28​
17%27 (I)14%
Queens
205​
75%201 (Ⅳ)72%
Wichita St.
141​
41%94 (Ⅱ)22%
William & Mary
313​
89%279 (Ⅳ)85%
Northern Iowa
98​
33%141 (Ⅲ)30%
Florida
39​
20%25 (I-A)13%
Charlotte
176​
69%154 (Ⅲ)62%
Buffalo
253​
82%247 (Ⅳ)80%
Lafayette
327​
91%259 (Ⅳ)82%

They flip UNI & UNCC

Here's mine.

VMI - L
Siena - L
@ Boston College -W
Colorado - W
Florida State - W
Queens - L
@Wichita St - W
William Mary - L
@Northern Iowa - L
Florida -W
Charlotte - L
Buffalo - L
Lafayette - L

And the world has gone completely crazy...

Charlotte finished top 100 with a CBI trophy and wins over NIT champs North Texas and a Boise squad that danced with an at-large bid.

Not saying we can't beat them, but they're likely to be among the tougher teams on our schedule. (Which also says something about our so-so schedule.)

Then their coach quit, to go back to being an assistant at UVA, and their two best players left for the portal (power 5 schools)

Then their coach quit, to go back to being an assistant at UVA, and their two best players left for the portal (power 5 schools)
Yeah, they certainly have some issues, but I still don't see them in the same category as Buffalo and Lafayette. As mentioned here previously, very likely to be the best team on our home OOC schedule, possibly by a significant margin.

As mentioned here previously, very likely to be the best team on our home OOC schedule, possibly by a significant margin.
I sure hope so. hate to think a school (Queens) still 3 years from completing their transition to D1 might be the best team on our home schedule.

With the season fast approaching - wanted to get some views on what people think will happen record wise from an OOC perspective. Here are the games below and my predictions. I got us going right around .500 at 7-6. I could see that being 8-5 or down to 6-7. Anything above 8 win would be surprising, and anything below 6 wins would be very disappointing.

VMI - W
SIena - W
@ Boston College - L
Colorado - L
Florida State/UNLV - L
Queens - W
@Wichita St - L
William Mary - W
@Northern Iowa - W
@Florida - L
Charlotte - L
Buffalo - W
Lafayette - W
7-6 = 54% 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: GKiller
Not really into the game by game record predictions myself, but I will say at Northern Iowa is probably a loss. They r improved and due against us. Hard to see us winning a 4th straight game over UNI especially on road. Doesn't mean we can't win, we can win any game. I just find that one a little harder than winning at BC or 1 of 2 in Daytona.

Not really into the game by game record predictions myself, but I will say at Northern Iowa is probably a loss. They r improved and due against us. Hard to see us winning a 4th straight game over UNI especially on road. Doesn't mean we can't win, we can win any game. I just find that one a little harder than winning at BC or 1 of 2 in Daytona.
My trip to Waterloo, IA will be one I always remember - good bbq prior to the game and wish Robins had comparable concessions, Gilly’s steal record, a Spider win, questioning what the heck does one do solo in Waterloo on a early Dec Sun evening, and then leaving the hotel at 4am to drive back to Des Moines for early flight in the middle of a crazy windstorm. Doubt I can make it this year but encourage others to consider

Agree with Killer that uni is going to be good - Bowen born is an intense competitor and think they can make the tourney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT