ADVERTISEMENT

MSU

As horrible as we looked and played, the universe is a funny thing sometimes. It wouldn't shock me at all if we look a lot better Saturday.

As horrible as we looked and played, the universe is a funny thing sometimes. It wouldn't shock me at all if we look a lot better Saturday.
I hear what you are saying, but this QB’s decision making process takes way too long and will get picked off 3 to 4 times. We will get less than 200 yards of offense and lose 56-3.

Speaking of P# teams, I glad that UR and Duke programs have both gone in the same direction since our 2006-2011 series…

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderRick
Speaking of P# teams, I glad that UR and Duke programs have both gone in the same direction since our 2006-2011 series…
Man those were fun games, we were at all of them. Also the NC State game when we lose on a long FG with seconds left. Va Yech, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina....I'm glad I have those memories because those days are gone.

I expect will will have at least 3 key players injured in this game.
at a time when our 2 major sports are spiraling downward; our coaches, marketing and administration has been placed by the alumna at the lowest point I can remember, you have to do a student injury prognosis.

Reactions: Mo 2.0
Implied 41-10. Yikes.

I'd bet on us to cover here.
That was my first thought even though I do not bet on sports events but thinking about it I believe I would leave the points alone, because I do not know if Spiders would score much and take the under since I do not think they will score 50 on Spider defense if Spiders do not score a point.
Hope I am wrong about the Spider scoring and right they cannot just run up and down the field on Spider defense, my only worry about them doing it is if the offense were completely ineffective and the defense gets exhausted. The cooler weather heading to the south should have already arrived in Michigan by tomorrow, so that might help some since we will only get to carry 56 guys on the traveling team (I believe) and will pretty much only be two deep.

Main things to happen in game is come home injury free and bring the check with them.

Well if we score 0, then that means the defense will be our there for most of the game. If that's the case then 50 points is certainly a possibility. We can hope for a hot humid day to level the playing field a little.

at a time when our 2 major sports are spiraling downward; our coaches, marketing and administration has been placed by the alumna at the lowest point I can remember, you have to do a student injury prognosis.
I used to attend every home Spider Football and Basketball game. I don't attend either regularly anymore. It's not that both teams aren't very good, I've been through that. My issue is with the direction of the school as a whole. I have very little hope that anyone in leadership will or even wants to fix the issues in the either program. Winning isn't valued today at UR like it was in the past. In fact, I think UR admin fears that winning big may somehow hurt the schools academic reputation. When the school doesn't care about winning, why should we?

It’s so uplifting to see such positive post about our game Saturday on this board😡
You are correct. Out of respect for the players, I replaced the language. I remember a game against Virginia, I believe it was in the Jim Reid era, when our best players were knocked out in the first game of the season. One of them was returning a kickoff and was injured on the first play of the game and was out for the season. I therefore take issue with the scheduling of our team with Michigan State. There is too much at risk with this team that has yet to prove itself. We hope and pray that our guys remain healthy.

You are correct. Out of respect for the players, I replaced the language. I remember a game against Virginia, I believe it was in the Jim Reid era, when our best players were knocked out in the first game of the season. One of them was returning a kickoff and was injured on the first play of the game and was out for the season. I therefore take issue with the scheduling of our team with Michigan State. There is too much at risk with this team that has yet to prove itself. We hope and pray that our guys remain healthy.

There r always exceptions but I don’t think the frequency of injuries r any higher in these one off FBS games. It is tracked I’m sure.

Man those were fun games, we were at all of them. Also the NC State game when we lose on a long FG with seconds left. Va Yech, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina....I'm glad I have those memories because those days are gone.
100%. I can reconcile mediocrity in basketball a bit easier because of the level we play at. I don't enjoy it, but I can at least understand its hard to year in and year out put a competitive product where everyone is going to be happy. Also, as much hate as Mooney gets, you could argue he earned that contract and no one was arguing against it at the time. Were there mistakes made after, sure, but at least Mooney build the basketball program from the ashses of Wainright. RH was given a Benz, took 6 shots then crashed it into Tuckahoe creek.

I can not accept this mediocrity in football. Our football team after Clawson always played above its weight. To the point where I think we were like 5-8 over a 13 game timespan vs FBS schools if you count the Reid years.

25 year + season ticket holder (Until this year) and I have absolutely 0 enthusiasm for this program right now, I had a hunch this team wouldn't be good and since our admin doesn't care about winning, not wasting 4 hours of my Saturdays and spending my money to support these ship of fools running the show. I hate this because I do want the best for our student-athletes, but am too disgusted with leadership.

UR athletics, used to live and die off it. I am not an alum of the school, but I grew up going to games and have so many family ties to the school. Now, I find myself resenting anyone running this show because of how much work was put in by previous administrators and its all being pissed away by some chump using this job as a retirement gig. There is no expectations of winning, just building facilities years after our rivals lap us with their own in order to protect property values of the university.

I had originally planned to go to this MSU game years ago because all of my moms side of the family is Spartans. I am too embarrassed to spend my hard earned money for a trip up there to a school that doesn't give two rats asses about winning.

Hardt needed to go yesterday. Then his replacement needs to move on from RH. We know none of that will happen and well be gaslit by the PR and admins that all is well.

Last edited:
100%. I can reconcile mediocrity in basketball a bit easier because of the level we play at. I don't enjoy it, but I can at least understand its hard to year in and year out put a competitive product where everyone is going to be happy. Also, as much hate as Mooney gets, you could argue he earned that contract and no one was arguing against it at the time. Were there mistakes made after, sure, but at least Mooney build the basketball program from the ashses of Wainright. RH was given a Benz, took 6 shots then crashed it into Tuckahoe creek.

I can not accept this mediocrity in football. Our football team after Clawson always played above its weight. To the point where I think we were like 5-8 over a 13 game timespan vs FBS schools if you count the Reid years.

25 year + season ticket holder (Until this year) and I have absolutely 0 enthusiasm for this program right now, I had a hunch this team wouldn't be good and since our admin doesn't care about winning, not wasting 4 hours of my Saturdays and spending my money to support these ship of fools running the show. I hate this because I do want the best for our student-athletes, but am too disgusted with leadership.

UR athletics, used to live and die off it. I am not an alum of the school, but I grew up going to games and have so many family ties to the school. Now, I find myself resenting anyone running this show because of how much work was put in by previous administrators and its all being pissed away by some chump using this job as a retirement gig. There is no expectations of winning, just building facilities years after our rivals lap us with their own in order to protect property values of the university.

I had originally planned to go to this MSU game years ago because all of my moms side of the family is Spartans. I am too embarrassed to spend my hard earned money for a trip up there to a school that doesn't give two rats asses about winning.

Hardt needed to go yesterday. Then his replacement needs to move on from RH. We know none of that will happen and well be gaslit by the PR and admins that all is well.
Sir, you have a congenital problem, you are a long-suffering Spiders' fan. I feel your pain. Do you also have a nervous tic that occurs when you think about Richmond athletics? Some froth at the mouth, others scrape their nails on a blackboard when they hear Bob Black, still others pull their hair from their head.

G,
I’m past that point but I must still care because I’m on here looking for solace,

Ugh. Not a great start. Offensive line looked overwhelmed and Wickersham looks slow in decision making.

Free Press sports writers share their predictions for the Michigan State football game against Richmond on Saturday (3:30 p.m., Big Ten Network):

This may be a very embarrassing day for the Spiders. But it will take a lot to top last week.

Wickersham going to have to learn to throw guys open. He appears to be waiting for guys to be wide open. Offense has bounced back some but we’ve got to be able to throw it downfield. It’s not all on the O-line.

That’s highly unfortunate- Grant beats his guy. Draws a horrific holding call and is hurt in the process.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT