ADVERTISEMENT

MSU

Wickersham is a tad slow with decision making but the offensive line is as porous as a sieve.

Reactions: SpiderK
Haggerty makes the third Spider I have seen dinged up. Hope we see them back in second half.

Then we miss the field goal.

When your average rush is <3 yards and pass completion <5 yards you have to be nearly perfect to sustain a drive and score.

So far six quarters without a TD and counting.

Hoping for better as Spartans begin to play reserves.

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
If losing all games is what it will take to get rid of these coaches then I'm all for it. There never seems to be a game plan, just the same old crap over and over, never anything new, no wrinkles, gimmicks, nothing to surprise the opponent and dig us out of a hole.

Last WK was abysmal..I thought we played better today ( net net)....if we don't win BIG next WK, then .500 may be our best bet this season....

I hesitate to have too much confidence after last week, but Delaware State got doubled up by a D-II program last week and blown out by an average Army squad 57–0 today, so yeah, no excuse to not cruise to victory next week.

I was only able to watch the first half but today was not embarrassing. We, of course, are going to be outclassed by Michigan State. Thought the defense held up fairly well. The offense continues to be ugly as we don’t have a QB that can process things quickly enough. There were plenty of plays to be made, we just didn’t make them. Need some strong QB coaching and I’m not overly confident we have it.

I fear a 6-5 type of season because that’s neither good enough for what we are spending but not bad enough for our AD to make any changes.

I was only able to watch the first half but today was not embarrassing. We, of course, are going to be outclassed by Michigan State. Thought the defense held up fairly well. The offense continues to be ugly as we don’t have a QB that can process things quickly enough. There were plenty of plays to be made, we just didn’t make them. Need some strong QB coaching and I’m not overly confident we have it.

I fear a 6-5 type of season because that’s neither good enough for what we are spending but not bad enough for our AD to make any changes.
Extensions seem to be gold. Once in place they seem to go thru duration. Interim performance doesn’t seem to be factor to deal with reality.

well, we might have been the MSU head coach's final victory:

Last edited:
All the comments from our commentators and RH on our defense playing so well. they played hard, and I know they got no help from our anemic offense; but 45 points? the QB coach is the son; you think daddy will fire him?

Last edited:
Wow. The woman you randomly decide to try something with is a sexual assault prevention advocate?? How stupid can you be? I think he's done based on that "judgment" alone.

MSU says thank you. This is now the way for schools to selectively fix their ineptitude & get out of horrendous contracts. The previous gameplan was to sweep it under the rug.

If Huesman doesn'tget Cosh here last year and Cosh gets Udinski then we’re .500 again and he’s gone. It was absolutely the worse thing that could have happened.

Last edited:
If Huesman doesn'tget Cosh here last year and Cosh gets Udinski then we’re .500 again and he’s gone. It was absolutely the worse thing that could have happened.
"doesn't"? I think...
The parallels of mediocre coaches being saved. 1 year of football playoffs heavily dependent upon Cosh and his VMI connections. 1 miracle year run in basketball in A10 Tourney by JG and company. Willing to bet the parallels saved both coaches their job. And now where are both programs? Water finds its level.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Appears in MSU statements

Richmond Head Coach Russ Huesman

On quarterback play…
Until you watch it, you can't tell if he (Kyle Wickersham) made the right reads, and if he did what he was supposed to, and got the ball where he was supposed to. But, he is a tough kid and he will fight until the end, so that is good. Then Jackson (Hardy) came in there and threw a nice ball to Sean (Clarke) and then got the touchdown pass. So, it's a work in progress right now, they both haven't played a whole lot so we have to keep continuing to improve there. But, I think they are both good enough to help us move the football and win games.

On pulling positives from the game…
I believe we can take more positives out of this game. I think it was a physical game and it was really physical down on the field. We got banged up a little bit and we lost Jeremiah Grant early in the game, but I think he is going to be okay. We had people in and out and it was tough because they were physical. But, I think we can still take positives from this.

We have a top player drop a punt, and kicker miss a chip shot field goal, etc. All this agains a Big 10 School.
we stood up pretty well, and covered the spread I had.
And as is habit on the board, we’re blaming the coach and A.D. .
Is there some kind of letter I missed signing on to this site? Title- You must dislike the basketball and football coach to be a member in good standing on this site.

The MSU game went about as expected, I agree. The coaching issues are separate, and if you're happy with the state of both programs, that's perfectly allowable. Many of us are not, that's all.

Wondered why MSU coach was so angry during the game?............must have known his inability to control himself was about to be splashed all over the news. After the Larry Nasser scandal and the president's resignation one would think Mel Tucker would have some hint the school would not tolerate his actions. Guess when you have a $95 million coaching contract your estimation of your self importance may be inflated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT