ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney Apologists

URWilk110

Assistant Coach
Oct 29, 2008
Please try to defend Mooney. Please tell us why we should accept him constantly getting blown out in big games against our rival. Don't point to the better record. Sure the team has improved over last year but that's an extremely low bar. You all know the record is propped up by an awfully weak schedule. We have shown up in one game against a quality opponent. The rest have been blowouts. All of this with the "best class ever". What a joke.

How can we only lose to the #7 team in the country by 9, then turn around and get destroyed to a team that is not even in the same stratosphere as Dayton?

I'm giving Mooney one chance. If we don't annihilate VCU when they come to the RC in a few weeks, that's it.

Reactions: KWeaver
Does any other program in the country accept a 9 year ncaa drought and a 6-19 vs your rival? Not top 10 conference, the country.

10-1 net 22 to this. Best team in 50 years? More like the worst coaching job in 50 years.

The first 19 games have been smoke and mirrors. The performance we saw tonight is who Mooney is.

It’s becoming more and more obvious that Mooneys teams are A. chronic underachievers or B. Mooney can’t recruit and/or can’t make in game adjustments. I believe it’s B

Reactions: Hanca
Does any other program in the country accept a 9 year ncaa drought and a 6-19 vs your rival? Not top 10 conference, the country.

10-1 net 22 to this. Best team in 50 years? More like the worst coaching job in 50 years.
Unfortunately he will continue to cash paychecks from UR through 2021-2022.

Reactions: SpiderK
The only excuses is wait till next year. Or wait the season isn't over yet we still have tournament! The tournament will have us facing VCU again and we all know the result is a Loss.

It’s becoming more and more obvious that Mooneys teams are A. chronic underachievers or B. Mooney can’t recruit and/or can’t make in game adjustments. I believe it’s B

becoming?

Unfortunately he will continue to cash paychecks from UR through 2021-2022.
At this point seems like it’ll be longer. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get a recruiting extension after this year because of our “bright future”

At this point seems like it’ll be longer. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get a recruiting extension after this year because of our “bright future”
Likely. This program isnt worth supporting. Sad but true. Not serious leadership.

Nothing VCU fans don’t do. I have had the police remove their fans from around me twice in the last 5 years. Not excusing it, just saying they are worse. My elderly parents will not attend the VCU games at RC.

Nothing VCU fans don’t do. I have had the police remove their fans from around me twice in the last 5 years. Not excusing it, just saying they are worse. My elderly parents will not attend the VCU games at RC.
I was leaving the Costco center a few years back when a couple of VCU fans started running their traps at my son and me. One of them spit on me and had my son not tackled me, I would still be doing time today. Last place you will ever find me.

i have friends so we can help you next time so no one bothers.

Fat boy is the reason VCU is enemy #1. I dont care if he built 1,000 churches with his bare hands. Hes a nasty person.

I went to one game at Costco. We won by 9 and the place was dead quiet. It was perfect, I will
Never go back.

Reactions: gospidersgo
I went to a game down there three years ago and on my way out, some VCU fans murdered my entire family. Definitely not going back.
Yeah, I remember reading about that. Caught the fat guy wearing horns that perpetrated the crime. The authorities determined that he was high on french fries and only sentenced him to another semester at VCU. Eight, glad to see you recovering.

Yeah, I remember reading about that. Caught the fat guy wearing horns that perpetrated the crime. The authorities determined that he was high on french fries and only sentenced him to another semester at VCU. Eight, glad to see you recovering.
He's still upset about the Spiders' 7 point loss that night, though.

Reactions: whampas
Coming on the heels of my visit the previous year, during which I was injected with the Ebola virus by a VCU fan in the bathroom at halftime and then later assaulted by a skinny jeans gang, it really has taken a toll on me.

Reactions: coach fezz
Agreed. Within any fan base there are bad seeds. Statistically, with VCU having more students thus more potential supporters, there is more potential for bad seeds. There’s also the difference in...the type of students each university admits. I typically see better behavior and maturity socially from people who are mature in other aspects, such as school. It’s unfortunate anyone has to deal with it. Especially if it takes away what should be a fun experience for the family

Reactions: SpiderK and urfan1
I was spat upon multiple times at Costco back in 2008 in front of my then 9 yo son. Have not been back there for a game since.

I have been supporting the R-MC men's hoops program for the past two seasons. They are fun to watch, unlike the product that CM puts on the floor these days.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT