ADVERTISEMENT

MLAX schedule 11 games,7 home games all on ESPN+

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL

Due to University of Richmond and State of Virginia COVID-19 guidelines, only Richmond team guests will be permitted to attend games at Robins Stadium this season. No visiting team guests/fans will be permitted to attend games at Robins Stadium.

Last edited:
Schedules are still coming out piecemeal, but High Point is our only remaining SoCon game without a known date. All of the rest are listed there.

With Furman discontinuing MLAX and Robert Morris(RMU)leaving the NEC wouldn’t be surprised if RMU is invited to join SoCon MLAX to fill its spot.RMU(located in Pittsburg) is pretty good and will need an AQ to get in the Big LAX Dance rather than hoping for at large as an independent.
Another suitor may be the CAA.

RMU this season is playing UR,Bellarmine,USAFA,JAX,HPU.

Last edited:
Almost feels like they're auditioning for the SoCon this year given their schedule.

Fellow Horizon member Cleveland State is also a lax independent...maybe the two are shopping for a package deal?

was Furman lacrosse a covid cut? Too bad they were easily the most similar school to ours in SoCon. I know they weren't the strongest program, tho I figured they would have been a little more stable there, but we probably at least looked at a few of their transfers.

Like many other schools, they were already in the process of assessing their long-term athletics strategy when COVID hit, and that just made things worse. They cut men's lax and baseball, and reduced athletic scholarships by a total of 45 across all sports.

I see they had a couple guys transfer to Syracuse, one to Jacksonville, one to St. Joe's.

I think we should step up and join the CAA In lacrosse. We’re already a member in football, and their level
of play is superior to the SoCo.
The downside- their level of play is superior to the SoCo.

Reactions: urfan1
I think we should step up and join the CAA In lacrosse. We’re already a member in football, and their level
of play is superior to the SoCo.
The downside- their level of play is superior to the SoCo.

I don't see that as a downside -- if we want to be the best we have to compete against the best

With 10 teams listed on the tentative schedule gotta figure we are awaiting the additional inclusion of Virginia.

Last edited:
Looks like RMU removed from tentative schedule.No games April 17-May 1.Window for Covid makeup I presume.

Last edited:
Inside Lacrosse Podcasts

As Week 1 officially hits, D-Fly and Dixie are back with another episode commenting on the week that was and previewing the games ahead this weekend. This week’s guest is Loyola Greyhounds head coach, Charley Toomey, who will lead his No. 13-ranked Greyhounds in their season opener against No. 20 Richmond, coached by Dan Chemotti, a member of the Toomey coaching tree. Toomey and the guys discuss how Loyola has managed during the pandemic, preparation for Richmond, coaching against a member of the “family,” the Patriot League’s leadership in scheduling, creating a culture and identity (https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/loyola-the-identity-of-a-hound/57268) for your program, and the depth and experience of this Greyhounds team that is favored to win the Patriot League. After previewing the best of this weekend’s matchups, the fellas reluctantly talk about the greatness of Tom Brady and their favorite QBs to watch in the Give and Go segment. Oh, and there might have been an old man rant about the halftime show. Dix pretends to know all about pop music, despite having the Cobra Kai soundtrack memorized. Update: Since recording on Thursday evening, Johns Hopkins released its schedule and more information (https://hopkinssports.com/news/2021...ety-measures-announced-for-mens-lacrosse.aspx) on the upcoming season.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/inside-lacrosse-podcasts/id601462524?i=1000508738509

Pretty good first half for the Spiders. Two quick goals towards the end of the half give the Spiders the 4-2 lead heading into the locker room. Couple of really nice saves and good D in general on both sides.

Spiders hanging tough, up 5-3 heading to the fourth. Go Spiders!

Ugh. Loyola gets two late goals to tie it up at 7 with a minute to play.

Loyola gets the winner. Really tough loss for the Spiders.

After 5 -2 lead Spiders had tough time keeping it going........................

I said it on another thread, but Richmond has to start figuring out how to win these games against quality opponents. Too many OT losses or close calls. This is a seasoned, experienced bunch of guys, when you have a lead like that at the end, need to start stepping on teams necks and closing games out.

Just competing and making it close is not goo enough anymore.

Early on, it felt like it was happening because we were the underdog, and the better team would buckle down at crunch time and get it done. But this has been going on for years now even as we've proven we belong...we're good enough and experienced enough that we should be better at closing games out.

Tar Heels dominating at half - leading 8-4, winning every faceoff except 1, and controlling time of possession. We need a much better second half.

Spiders got it to 9–7, but couldn’t get over the hump and ultimately fell 14–9.

Feels like FO has always been a challenge for us. Such a crucial part of the game.

Heels had a collapsing zone when we got near their goal.Difficulty in penetrating.Savoca not in flow this season.He’s a big body kid who can take on defenders.
Our goalie gets MVP.Could have been a lot worse.

We will have our hands full with High Point this season.They have both muscle and and quickness and played UNC much closer than we did.

Our finesse manner of playing will only get you so far.

pics:

Last edited:
Reactions: spider fan
Rusbuldt gets quite a workout and does a great job. More "muscle" is a good way to describe what we need to move up a rung on both sides of the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT