ADVERTISEMENT

Media Discussion of Spider Hoops

Forgive me, I'm just being obnoxious because I'm making my season debut in the RC tmrw night.

But If it is Greenberg, does that mean he's the new coach? lol

It would be a total UR athletic department move for Hardt to bring on a coach, who Spider fans loathe, onto a radio show to eat up time to not talk a coach who Spider fans loathe.

Other options: Will Wade, Wainright, Bill Dooley, Thad Matta.

I think 97 missed the exciting Bob Black tweet I posted. Whomever it is I agree filler time to not have to discuss the poor state of UR athletics, in particular men's basketball.

I know 1 media/basketball person it definitely won't be...

Joe Lunardi

It's not what Hardt says tomorrow that I am most interested in, but rather the action he takes in about a month.

I think 97 missed the exciting Bob Black tweet I posted. Whomever it is I agree filler time to not have to discuss the poor state of UR athletics, in particular men's basketball.

Joe Lunardi
Rothstein, so he can come on and talk about how awesome VCU and Costco is. Maybe he'll share his time with Big Hair Ed. That would be a very UR thing to do.

Reactions: KWeaver
Man. Do you think it can be assumed that Goodman, being a solid CBB insider, is hearing whispers that Mooney is 'heading out' ... or is he simply looking at our morbid results and drawing his own conclusions? I really hope it's the prior.
You can call in and ask him when he is the surprise guest tomorrow...

Reactions: Eight Legger
Man. Do you think it can be assumed that Goodman, being a solid CBB insider, is hearing whispers that Mooney is 'heading out' ... or is he simply looking at our morbid results and drawing his own conclusions? I really hope it's the prior.

I hope it’s the former but think he likely wrote it as the latter. This is not to suggest that Mooney won’t be fired, just that I don’t think Goodman based his comment on inside information. Either way, it’s becoming abundantly clear to even college basketball media analysts at a national level that Mooney needs to go.

Joe Lunardi

NAILED IT!!! Ha

Reactions: Eight Legger
You know it's bad when JOC opens an article about Spider basketball with a quote from Jim Marshall.

JOC troll game is becoming strong. He also called us delicate. At least he didn't go with dainty. Also referenced that Marshall's Spiders eventually stopped getting pushed around. Well really the turnaround came when Jim Reid replaced Marshall. So JOC you're not all the way there yet, could have been hall of fame troll material if you slipped in the Jim Reid hire.

JOC troll game is becoming strong. He also called us delicate. At least he didn't go with dainty. Also referenced that Marshall's Spiders eventually stopped getting pushed around. Well really the turnaround came when Jim Reid replaced Marshall. So JOC you're not all the way there yet, could have been hall of fame troll material if you slipped in the Jim Reid hire.
JOC isn’t sharp enough for that.

If you want a rabid media person, someone should tell Jim Acosta that the UR coach’s name is Chris Trump.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Mooney possibly #1 without perceived contract an issue. It really should be less of issue than it’s made out to be for UR anyway. We have ability to pay out easy if we want. This guy is going to migrate to P5/6 teams for list first anyway. Mo Jo is in over his head but that program was in turmoil. Maybe u tweeters out there can tell him what’s up. We want #1!!

Marshall had multiple 2&9 seasons. I believe one of his squads went 1 & 10.
Marshall's record 1/10,1/10,2/9,7/4,5/6,3/8 weight room and years was Marshall's excuse. So I guess John's suggesting we put up with that kind of record, 'just give it a few years'? After a decade the state of the program is totally on Mooney, not this batch of players youth and conditioning.

The good thing is now after 8 years without being to the NCAAs we are now one of the programs that are leeching off the ones that do go to the NCCAs regularly in our conference. Captain of the conference bottom feeders!

best line: 'If Mooney is fired, Shaver would probably be the most under-achieving coach in recent years.'

by the way grammar guys; is it rode or ridden?

best line: 'If Mooney is fired, Shaver would probably be the most under-achieving coach in recent years.'
by the way grammar guys; is it rode or ridden?

As to the irregular verb, "to ride," "ride" is the present simple, "rode" is the past simple, and "ridden" is the past participle.
I ride horses - (current tense)
I rode horses - (past tense)
I have ridden many horses - ( past participle)

I would have chosen "ridden."

Looks like the billboard has galvanized the team and lit an internal fire in Coach (1-0 since the billboard went up) I’m looking forward to beating VCU in a few weeks and winning the A-10 tournament.

Reactions: nathanw19
It's such a shame that it takes the drastic action of a billboard to galvanize the team.

Will Ivan have the cajones to ask about the billboard?

Agree that the billboard has actually galvanized the team, athletic department and former players based on the sound from the coach’s show tonight as it should. Total backfire, Mooney already commented about the strength of the roster the next couple years. I think Mooney will coach again next year and beyond. Oliver Stone might even question which side put up the billboard ..... ;)

See you guys on Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT