ADVERTISEMENT

Let's keep rolling

Feb 20, 2008
Saturday was a great win, but we must keep on rolling one game at a time. Let's win at Maine and and celebrate another victory for the Spiders. Let' go Spiders!

Too much to play for to rest on our laurels. Win out and we'll be playing multiple December games in the Brickhouse.

MM you are correct. We must win out to make the play offs.

As for hosting play off games, I am not so sure.

The FCS committee might consider our seating capacity (8700)
too small to host a play off game.

Probably not enough $$$ for the NCAA to be generated in a facility of our smallish size.
This post was edited on 11/3 7:20 AM by FrontRoyalSpider

FRS, we do not have to win out to make the playoffs. If we win out we will have multiple games at home because we will be seeded probably somewhere in the top 4. Also, I dont think the size of the stadium has anything to do with where the games are played. Schools bid to host the early round games. RS is one of the nicest facilities in FCS and is a perfect home for our Spiders.

Originally posted by FrontRoyalSpider:
MM you are correct. We must win out to make the play offs.
I didn't say that.

The rest of your post will be proven untrue, as well.

Don't think we can lose to Maine, but might be able to lose one of the last two to get in.

Also, I feel like our playoff attendance during the 2000s wasn't too far off from 8,700, so we should be fine. And if you get a seed I'm pretty sure you will host as long as you pay, no matter what the seating

Guys, at 9-3 with wins @Liberty and over Villanova, we'd be solidly in the field. We do not have to win out to make the playoffs. There's an off chance that we could get in at 8-4, but i don't want to test that theory.

At this point, projections are popping up with us as a seed. And yes, if we're a seed, we host until we play a higher seed.

Lastly, home playoff games are something that i'm sure we budget for. And we haven't used that budget item in 5 years.

IMHO, UR can afford to lose only one game and still hope to make the playoffs. This is a special team, just how special remains to be seen. The Spids could go 3-0 through the end of the season and finish with a 10-2 record. UR might lose one to either of those two other teams at the end of the season.

1. The 1st round of playoffs each of those unseeded 16 teams bid to host.The top bidders get to host.Plain and simple.

2. The 2nd round of playoffs has each of the Top 8 seeded teams( those with 1st round byes) hosting games.Plain and simple.

front, what he said was win the next three and we will be seeded and have home games, which also means he feels we can lose one and still be in the playoffs, but not as a seeded team probably. two different deals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT