ADVERTISEMENT

The Other Davidson Thread

Big game. On the road. A win here and I think the Lady Spiders have entered way too early bubble talk for the NCAA tourney. And sort of like men side - Davidson women seem to mirror our team. Big and long and everyone can really shoot on their team as well. Could be a lot three point shots going up in this game for those watching.

Reactions: mr.spider
Creme's bracketology of course currently has the Spiders in as the auto bid, and he's got them at a 12-seed. St. Joe's is in the "next four out" group.

Several other women's bracketology sites also currently have the Spiders at a 12-seed.

Reactions: urfan1
Rough shooting start for both sides, Davidson up 12–11 after one.

Announcer hasn't figured out that VanArsdale isn't Townsend.

I think their announcer said Spiders 10 of 13 for that quarter just before it ended. I could have heard it wrong.

Edit, just checked live stats. I heard him right. Nice shooting, keep it up.

Bleh, Wildcats cut the Spider lead to just 2 through three quarters, 49–47. Spiders failed to score for almost the first 6 minutes of the quarter.

Every time the Spiders push the lead to 7 and look like they might take control, Davidson claws back. 54–51 Spiders with Davidson headed to the line on an And-1. Under 5 to play.

Spiders can't make buckets and Wildcats can't hit foul shots. 56–54 Spiders, Davidson ball with 1:26 to play.

Whew that was fortunate. Wildcats had 15 ORB and 2 second chance points.
Spiders were not much better with 10 ORB and 5 second chance points, 3 of which were Townsend's and one at the end of the game.

Road win is a road win though, 6-0.

Last edited:
Feels like this is the best win of the year, given the opponent. Davidson had some nice wins, and we go into their place and get them? Really impressive.

Rough shooting start for both sides, Davidson up 12–11 after one.

Announcer hasn't figured out that VanArsdale isn't Townsend.
My screen was a little grainy, but I thought I could recognize the difference between Townsend and VanArsdale. 😉

He kept repeating his mistake, too.

Great win, Spiders!

I was nervous about this one, but we got it done! Like EightLegger said, Davidson had some very good wins. Wins against Wake and @Duke. Lost @Unc by 4.

Davidson posed some problems, but Roussell puts the right personnel in the game to handle it. Our shooting wasn't that great but they toughed it out. Grace has really started to take over games with her speed and drives.

Next up is Dayton on Saturday at home. They're down this year big time as they've resided in the top 2 or 3 in years past.

Spiders move up only two spots in the NET to 48. Still tops in the A-10 with Mason close behind at 52. Davidson slipped four spots to 63.

The girls team is a lot like our better men's teams. They are very good shooters, and live and die by the 3 point shot. Our rebounding is weak, especially on the offensive glass. But we have small guards that can penetrate and get baskets at key times (the and 1 at the end was HUGE!). And we have good length at all spots that make our defense above average. What is nice about the girls team - anyone can get hot at any moment or any game. So makes it hard to focus on someone.

On to the next one - beat Dayton at home and keep the streak going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT