ADVERTISEMENT

LAX FUNDING

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
OK, think soccer and track may have been cut, just kidding, know it is a very tough pill to swallow for those guys. so, how many scholies does lax allow by ncaa rules, eight, less than eight, more than eight and how many members are typically on a college lax team? is this going to be another baseball deal where we won't have enough scholies to compete properly and have to try and get partials and walkons? again, if we cannot compete, just don't like this, if we are fully funded (scholies, coaches' salaries, recruiting budget, travel budget) then OK, otherwise, this stinks.

Sounds like it will be either CAA or Patriot League. 12.6 is the max schollies allowed for lacrosse if I remember right.

Like most equivalency sports, full schollies are held for the best of the best. Your top handful of players might get full rides, but the rest of the money gets divided up among more people.

do we know that we are fully funding the scholies, will we have 12.6?

I have not seen a number. Eight schollies will be available to shift from soccer over time, but if the plan is to maintain existing overall athletic budget not sure where the remainder would come from. Will see some operational savings from cutting track and field, but not sure how much.

This amazing $3 million gift we're getting would be enough to endow three schollies total, but I'm not sure whether it's new money for the athletic program or being used to stabilize current budget level with endowed funds. And some of its apparently to support other sports too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT