ADVERTISEMENT

in game thread

Entire first half JMU receivers more than wide open. On a couple passes, there was not a blue jersey within 5 or more yards of where the pass was thrown. What's happened to our pass defense?

Turnovers do happen. You can have a game, where you have more than usual, as a matter of chance. When they occur all season long, it's an internal problem. Our coaching staff has not been able to address it. I'd hope we look to add someone next season, who can address it.

What a terrible game glad we're not going to the playoffs we don't deserve it thank God for basketball season starting. A position of strength at the beginning of the season is now our Achilles heel. I think the entire staff has to look in the mirror and figure how to cultivate a culture of sustained success. Great effort every game but discipline and taking care of the football don't seem to be priorities. Clearly the team have up after Maine.

Even though we won 7 games this year, we won't win another. What a huge disappointing season we have had. No playoffs since Eric Ward left in 2009. They were in charge of their own destiny, so they can't blame anyone but themselves. Two totally avoidable fumbles by Seth Fisher killed any chance they had to pull this out.

Rick,

I think it unfair to pin this loss on Fisher, who gave it his all. It's not just his problem, it's the team's, they don't take care of the ball. Even on plays, that don't result in turnovers. Diggs caught a well thrown pass along the sideline, made a good catch, as he was about to go out of bounds, but did not protect the ball, and was stripped of it, resulting in an incompletion. This is a season long problem, and has involved many players. We've had pick sixes, fumbles by receivers, fumbles by running backs, fumbles by quarterbacks. It's very hard for even the best teams, to win consistently when you turn the ball over as much as we have. Most of all, I blame the current coaching staff, because this is a problem we've had all year, and we're no closer to a solution.

Worst part of game, was that I missed the kickoff, because I was teaching a class. I told the class, that I wanted to get out early, because of the game. Didn't happen, did get to see game in middle of second quarter. But, now, they are going to ask me about the game in the morning, and I want to forget about it.

I didn't blame Fisher for the lose, I merely pointed out the obvious. If he holds on to the ball going into the end zone, it's 31-27 with 29 minutes left in the game and all the momentum on our side. Believe me, there's plenty of blame to go around. From the looks of our pass defense (or lack of), we got out coached. So the blame starts with the coaching staff.

If I had to bet now, looking ahead to next year with the brutal away schedule and everyone graduating, I would say we are going to get hammered next year. Of course, I will still be cheering them on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT