ADVERTISEMENT

How do we improve the forum?

We have a moderator that has been included in certain athletic committee meetings and was specifically told by the Associate AD that it couldn't leave the room. I'm not risking ruining something for the department.

You're new, you'll catch on.
OK. Thanks. I'll wait and see.

Your guess is as good as mine. Wish he'd come to visit every so often though.
I always thought that he graduated and got a job back in Canada. And has stayed private after the “plenty of fish” incident...

I always thought that he graduated and got a job back in Canada. And has stayed private after the “plenty of fish” incident...
What fish? I have no idea how I missed it. Must have been banned at the time I guess. I really don't know anything about this one. Honestly, tell me. I am interested.

Last edited:
What fish? I have no idea how I missed it. Must have been banned at the time I guess. I really don't know anything about this one. Honestly, tell me. I am interested.
Really? Plenty of fish is a dating site, people found his post there and kidded him about it, after that he posted less.. Here is a reminder, thread “Shaka watch”,April 2, 2015, page 255, you posted on that page as well...:cool:

Of course, he also could have graduated in May 2015.

Really? Plenty of fish is a dating site, people found his post there and kidded him about it, after that he posted less.. Here is a reminder, thread “Shaka watch”,April 2, 2015, page 255, you posted on that page as well...:cool:

Of course, he also could have graduated in May 2015.
Memory. Not one of my strong suits apparently. Pretty obscure as I look at it. No wonder it didn't ring a bell. Thanks mite.

Last edited:
There have been some great post over the past week giving updates on some of the players. Thanks to all who have contributed. I would like to see one of 2 things happen to the forum.

1. separate posts based on informational topics and fire Mooney. I think it is fine for people to post negative Mooney comments, but it should be a stand alone post and not highjack other posts. This should accomplish most people's goals and make it more enjoyable for all. I would also like to see people banned who continually highjack other people's post.

2. At the top of the board have 2 lists and an explanation on how to block people on them. One list would be those constantly posting negative information and another listing people who constantly post positive information.

Just read what you want and skip past the rest.

That makes sense except every single subject gets hijacked. The answer is pretty simple - put 23 and 97 on ignore and read the other stuff. You get what you want and the number of posts you need to go through to find anything useful gets reduced by about 75%. Win/win.

There have been some great post over the past week giving updates on some of the players. Thanks to all who have contributed. I would like to see one of 2 things happen to the forum.

1. separate posts based on informational topics and fire Mooney. I think it is fine for people to post negative Mooney comments, but it should be a stand alone post and not highjack other posts. This should accomplish most people's goals and make it more enjoyable for all. I would also like to see people banned who continually highjack other people's post.

2. At the top of the board have 2 lists and an explanation on how to block people on them. One list would be those constantly posting negative information and another listing people who constantly post positive information.
I am having trouble discerning if I would be on the "positive" list or "negative" list? On one hand I probably have more positive posts in the history of this board than any 4 of your Johnny come lately truthers. on the other hand, the last year I really had my limit on Mooney and have slightly more negative than positive posts. I think maybe we should vote posters off the board. That is my suggestion.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
How about even more lists?
Posters who identify as negative, but sometimes post nice things.
Posters who identify as positive, but are prone to the occasional criticism.
Truly neutral posters who just like to add statistical analyses.
Curious posters who are undecided, and would like to consider all perspectives.
Posters who just like to be pithy because hey, it's the internet.

Seriously, though. Respectful disagreement is healthy for the forum.

How about even more lists?
Posters who identify as negative, but sometimes post nice things.
Posters who identify as positive, but are prone to the occasional criticism.
Truly neutral posters who just like to add statistical analyses.
Curious posters who are undecided, and would like to consider all perspectives.
Posters who just like to be pithy because hey, it's the internet.

Seriously, though. Respectful disagreement is healthy for the forum.
How about Contrarians? They refute the last post, whether it is positive or negative...

The answer is pretty simple - put 23 and 97 on ignore and read the other stuff.

UNFAIR POST! Excuse me, but only my opinion. I've taken months off and read the bashing that 97 has taken and 23 went Ulla but in other way though he appears now to be taking "happy pills." I clearly see their legitimate views. URPike, I will never put you on ignore cause if I ever think I wrong in wanting Mooney gone, I know one of your posts will do the trick. Thank you kindly!

Despite "chatter" back and forth board usually has some interesting reading/insights ...but like best 05's post about some positive changes coming for Spider Athletics...............................tell me right now without delay if not sooner......................

but like best 05's post about some positive changes coming for Spider Athletics...............................tell me right now without delay if not sooner......................

Never indicated positive. I think both are pretty positive for the department but believe that both will have groups that will be unhappy with the changes. One has been discussed on the Board already.

I like the board as is. Different perspectives from different folks with different expectations. Thankful to have a place to converse about our Spiders and I appreciate Spiders05 running the show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT