ADVERTISEMENT

Gilly in the NBA

The Nets are now 2–0 with Gilly, although he only saw 4 minutes of action with one assist. And that assist was basically just handing the ball off to a driver 40 feet from the basket.

Reactions: urfan1
Gilly got sent back to LI and didn’t play with Brooklyn in last night’s game. Rough game today in a loss to the Skyhawks…scoreless on 6 shots. 5 boards and only 2 assists in 32 minutes.

Last edited:
HUGE game for Gilly as Long Island edges the Go-Go. 32 points, 10 assists, 8 boards, 6 steals.

Needed every point too in order to get the win. Definitely seems like his most impressive G League outing and very timely since it is the playoffs.

So many feelings about this! Obviously love it for him, but also bummed for Spider WBB alum Amber Nichols, GM of the Go-Go. And as a Go-Go fan, I wish he had done this to someone else 😂

Reactions: urfan1
Gilly doing it again...Nets up 63–57 over Osceola, top seed in the East, at the half. Gilly's got 18 including 4-for-8 from deep, 5 assists, and 2 steals.

The Nets win, 120–112, and will face 2-seed Maine in the East final on Sunday!

Gilly played all 48 minutes and finished with 28 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 5 steals, a block, and no turnovers.

Last edited:
Sorta like Michael Jordan. Only person who could stop Jordan was Dean Smith: only person(s) who could stop Gilly were Mooney or his teammate happy, ill conceived, jack it up Francis. Among the most overrated Spiders in history. Stole two years of Gilly magic through Gilly's deference.

Ohhh, but God bless him, he could create his own bad shot and was fearless in taking it.

Last edited:
Sorta like Michael Jordan. Only person who could stop Jordan was Dean Smith: only person(s) who could stop Gilly were Mooney or his teammate happy, ill conceived, jack it up Francis. Among the most overrated Spiders in history. Stole two years of Gilly magic through Gilly's deference.

Ohhh, but God bless him, he could create his own bad shot and was fearless in taking it.
Maybe the worst post I have ever read. We went 25-40 Jacob's 1st 2 years (without Blake). Then, Blake shows up and we go 33-12 with both on the floor, 33-11 if we take away the St Joe's game when Blake got hurt, including 20-5 in 2020 when Jacob made 1st team all A-10 PLAYING WITH BLAKE. But, sure, Blake took away Jacob's magic. And, sure, Mooney stopped Jacob too. How dare Mooney prevent Jacob from scoring 2000+ points, having more assists than anyone ever at our school, more steals than anyone in college basketball history, earning A-10 defensive player of the year, 1st team all A-10, A-10 tournament MVP and an A-10 title and a dance win over Iowa....wait a minute....he did all of that. Congrats on the worst post ever on here.

Maybe the worst post I have ever read. We went 25-40 Jacob's 1st 2 years (without Blake). Then, Blake shows up and we go 33-12 with both on the floor, 33-11 if we take away the St Joe's game when Blake got hurt, including 20-5 in 2020 when Jacob made 1st team all A-10 PLAYING WITH BLAKE. But, sure, Blake took away Jacob's magic. And, sure, Mooney stopped Jacob too. How dare Mooney prevent Jacob from scoring 2000+ points, having more assists than anyone ever at our school, more steals than anyone in college basketball history, earning A-10 defensive player of the year, 1st team all A-10, A-10 tournament MVP and an A-10 title and a dance win over Iowa....wait a minute....he did all of that. Congrats on the worst post ever on here.
One is in the NBA and one ain't.

My point - perhaps the former should have been the alpha rather than deferential guard those two years.

LOL I remember mistakingly posted something about Jacob's floater ability. :oops: Which I was corrected on not having in college. Looks like he's progressed with it.:D

I watched some of that game and don't see how he can't be a backup player on some teams squad! I think it has become tougher for smaller guards/forwards to be part of the NBA, but Jacob should be the big Muggsy B of current era!

Reactions: Eight Legger
One is in the NBA and one ain't.

My point - perhaps the former should have been the alpha rather than deferential guard those two years.
What if it had been Gilly and King? That would have been an interesting back court.

The Nets were only down 1 heading into the fourth, but weren't able to hang with Maine in the final quarter so their season draws to a close with the 99–77 loss.

Gilly didn't get 30 tonight, but he managed 13 points including 3-for-6 from deep. Plus 7 assists, 3 steals, and 3 boards.

He played all 48 minutes in each of their three playoff games, as Kennedy Chandler went down with an ankle injury right at the end of the regular season and the Nets were very shorthanded all around.

And supposedly he's on a two-year deal with the Nets, so he should be with them next season as well. No guarantees though.

SF, if you get any updates that he'll be active for any remaining Nets game, please post here if possible. I'd love to try and catch him in a game at Barclays if at all possible.

edit - not trying to create homework for you, so if you know of where they post the actives for the nba games, please lmk and I'll track it myself.

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't seen a great resource for that. Sometimes I'll spot a tweet, but often not much warning.

SF, if you get any updates that he'll be active for any remaining Nets game, please post here if possible. I'd love to try and catch him in a game at Barclays if at all possible.

edit - not trying to create homework for you, so if you know of where they post the actives for the nba games, please lmk and I'll track it myself.
I don't think there is a way to tell if Gilyard will be active until the game starts.

This account has tipped me off a couple times, although sometimes it's late and doesn't tweet until it's obvious from his participation which team he's with.

Looks like Gilly is up with Brooklyn now, but listed as probable for tomorrow with a hip contusion.

Gilly was available tonight as the Nets pulled out a 106–102 win over the Raptors, but he did not get into the game.

Gilly is once again listed as probable for tomorrow's game at the Knicks.

Gilyard gets a few minutes in the first quarter, but so far just has one foul in the box score

Gilyard playing again today, had an uncredited steal towards the end of the 1st that allowed the Nets to take the lead.

His substitution pattern on the Nets is similar to a pattern that was also common on the Grizzlies, coming in to finish the last few minutes of the 1st and 3rd, and starting the first few of the 2nd and 4th. We’ll see if it holds true today and he gets in towards the end of the 3rd.

Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT