ADVERTISEMENT

Gianni Thompson - 2021 Offer

I want to look into what umass did in the portal this offseason. They lost Cohen and Cross for starters, so thinking it did not go great.
Jury is out, but nothing obviously earth-shattering...

- Akil Watson: Benchwarmer at Arizona State last year as a frosh. Highly regarded out of high school and has 3 years left, so perhaps potential.

- Daniel Rivera: Averaged 13 and 8 at Bryant last year, was previously at SLU for a year but missed the season with injury. JUCO for a year before that. Should have 2 years left.

- Małek Abdelgowad: Bench player at Murray State last year, JUCO before that. Grad transfer.

Also four freshmen coming in.

Reactions: spider23
"...and it was being driven by Canisius head coach Jim Christian.... And then he stopped and backed over your dog on purpose three more times..."

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Actually, he just found out Canisius doesn’t have the same coach they did in 1995…

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
Three years ago coming out of high school, he is being shown the keys by Xavier, Tech, Providence, BC and now he is on his 3rd college and it is Canisius. That has to be a hit to your ego.

Canisius is a fine school. No, it's not Xavier et all, but if he wants to, he can have an outstanding experience playing for the Golden Griffins.

Canisius is a fine school. No, it's not Xavier et all, but if he wants to, he can have an outstanding experience playing for the Golden Griffins.
any scholarship is a great opportunity.

no question it's a big dropoff from BC to UMass to Canisius. but he hasn't played much. I'm guessing he wants to play rather than sit.

Reactions: urfan1
any scholarship is a great opportunity.

no question it's a big dropoff from BC to UMass to Canisius. but he hasn't played much. I'm guessing he wants to play rather than sit.
Right, stay D1 and at least you are getting a free education to play ball.

On another note, I though D2 was mostly all scholarship for hoops? Then I saw something on Derrick White of the Celtics, saying he had to take out loans at D2 Colorado Springs? Guess I was wrong on that front. So yes, Canisius is probably a good spot if you want to keep playing and get a free education.

Reactions: urfan1
On another note, I though D2 was mostly all scholarship for hoops? Then I saw something on Derrick White of the Celtics, saying he had to take out loans at D2 Colorado Springs? Guess I was wrong on that front. So yes, Canisius is probably a good spot if you want to keep playing and get a free education.
D1 scholarships are all full ride, 13 per team.
D2 teams get 10 total to split as they see fit, with no cap on roster size.

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT