ADVERTISEMENT

Gianni Thompson - 2021 Offer

That is an impressive list. I couldn't glean anything from his remarks about each program other than maybe Providence has the best chance.

Reactions: Eight Legger
well we sound like #7 from this
I disagree. He says “For me, it is all about fit and just how much interest the schools showed in me” and then says we’ve recruited him really hard and focused on how he’d fit. I think everyone sounds pretty even quite honestly, he did a good job of not tipping his early preference.

I disagree. He says “For me, it is all about fit and just how much interest the schools showed in me” and then says we’ve recruited him really hard and focused on how he’d fit. I think everyone sounds pretty even quite honestly, he did a good job of not tipping his early preference.

To me he seems excited about 6 schools and like he accidentally left richmond in the graphic. I’ll happily be wrong but read all of those quotes without looking at the Richmond one through the lens of being a Richmond fan. It pales in comparison.

To me he seems excited about 6 schools and like he accidentally left richmond in the graphic. I’ll happily be wrong but read all of those quotes without looking at the Richmond one through the lens of being a Richmond fan. It pales in comparison.
I don't read it that way at all.

“For me, it is all about fit and just how much interest the schools showed in me,” he told Phenom Hoops. “Whether that be how long they have recruited me for or just how much I am in contact with them, that combined with building the relationship with the staff and seeing how I would fit in the system.”

Richmond: “They have recruited me really hard and made it a priority that I understand how I would fit in.”

I do think we're fighting a geographic battle, but I like what he said and I like that he discussed us first.

That response sounded like a response in 2K where you click X to choose a generic response. I would be absolutely shocked if we made his top 6. Personally don’t see any way outside of Richmond bias to be excited for our statement out of those 7.

That response sounded like a response in 2K where you click X to choose a generic response. I would be absolutely shocked if we made his top 6. Personally don’t see any way outside of Richmond bias to be excited for our statement out of those 7.

Thompson to Richmond confirmed.

Because when someone puts out their Top 7 it is very common to next put out a Top 6, right?

Gianni didn't include Richmond on his ACC, BE, B10 list for street cred purposes. he may or may not choose us, but we're in the game.

Probable top 20 finish and deep NCAA tourney run, tons of young talent, new basketball training facility, top 35 education/degree in the United States, stable program....why would he not commit to Richmond?

Reactions: spider23
Gianni would be the perfect recruit for us. If we land him, this class would be great. IMO, with all our momentum we need to get a guy like this. Big time athletic ability to go with his size. Developing perimeter game but attacks the boards and gets to the rim. My number 1 remaining target:

This is one of those athletic PF types we missed on over the last 3 to 4 years. Based on the upcoming visit from Roche, and no mention of us involved with PF's, and the ultimate insider VT4700 continuously kiboshing the need for a PF type, I don't see us getting involved. You cant fight the tide with PQ, 4700, and team Mooney - so we may as well get the best shooter available in Roche.

1.3 a game last year for a 13-20 BC team. Might be another example of a 6' 8 type guy between positions. Not a true big, but doesn't shoot the 3 either.

Staying relatively close to home and heading to UMass, so we'll get to face him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT