ADVERTISEMENT

Ford Gone

Some like to wallow in anger or despair when a situation gets tough; some like to smile and laugh when a situation gets tough. None of us here have the power to control personnel or coaching strategies, so I chose smile and laugh, even when I'm upset with a decision.
I suspect that there are a great number of people smiling and laughing at the Richmond basketball program right now.

Davidson also usually has a high amount of foreign kids on their roster as well. Not sure if this makes a difference in the transfer area as well as their overall success - but it seems to be working for them.

I think last season alone they had 4-5 foreign kids on the roster, and if memory serves me correctly this is normal for McKillop teams. Maybe UR should look more overseas?

Years ago I made the conscious decision not to let hatred, anger, or despair consume or control me. The realization that they had a control of my thoughts or emotions made me also realize that who or what caused the hatred, anger, or despair had not only caused this feeling, but they had "won" because I was now consumed. I chose not to let them beat me.

I'd be a big fan of the developmental redshirt year if not for the grad transfer risk.

Golden was a medical redshirt but he barely played his true freshman year and couldn't even workout for a long period of time. so in effect, he probably had less practice and weight training time his redshirt year than the usual redshirt. plus he had the mental hurdle to overcome. but he came back the following year a much better player. so I never write off a guy that was developmentally redshirted.

but Grant wasn't a project. the high skill level was clearly there. the redshirts that didn't pan out didn't have that. I believe Bryce and Tomas are more skilled than our prior developmental redshirts. we'll see.

Reactions: KWeaver
No way. All that would do is start a bunch of unnecessary rumors. How many more questions would follow if a coach said that? And, the next day and the next day, the same questions would be asked. No need to ever say that. Spiderman is correct in saying why open that can of worms. I don't know any coach in the country that would say "I don't think so" or "No comment" if asked about guys leaving. If I am a coach, I am 100% committed to my guys and they are 100% on my team until it is official they are gone.

Mr VT what do you think for our style of defense and why does Coach never double team in half court for a surprise I think you can answer these questions yes

Just because I've lost track of the scholarhip tree, is Yates the sought after transfer or is this a reference to another player we are/were seeking?
He would be the one. Kansas was mentioned above, I understand other NCAA regulars were showing a great deal of interest, don't know who actually offered.

He would be the one. Kansas was mentioned above, I understand other NCAA regulars were showing a great deal of interest, don't know who actually offered.
Kansas was interested in a walk-on role player from Yale? Really. Perhaps, Kansas was interested in having him walk-on on their team, but certainly Kansas was not interested in giving Yates a scholarship spot.

Kansas, Virginia, Villanova, Xavier.....

A lot of players show up on the Google searches of Athletic Department interns.

Kansas was interested in a walk-on role player from Yale? Really. Perhaps, Kansas was interested in having him walk-on on their team, but certainly Kansas was not interested in giving Yates a scholarship spot.

There seems to be a pretty decent number of these guys that transfer from the Ivies or schools like that each year, though they don't typically transfer to become starters at most of these places. But, they will often get a scholarship for a year.

Years ago I made the conscious decision not to let hatred, anger, or despair consume or control me. The realization that they had a control of my thoughts or emotions made me also realize that who or what caused the hatred, anger, or despair had not only caused this feeling, but they had "won" because I was now consumed. I chose not to let them beat me.
This!!! Bravo!

Dude was going to be something special. A loss for sure. Freshman that could play in D1 could be a special upperclassman. Look at his head. At the rim with the ball 18-24 inches above. Dude can jump out of the gym...

Last edited:
You realize that SpiderDaMan is a VCU troll, right? He's just trying to stir the pot.
Yes, VCU, but certainly not a troll. And yes, I will stir the pot here and there if there is something to say. I think there is an ignore button for us all to make use of if desired.

And if there is to much "stirring" there is a delete and a ban

And if there is to much "stirring" there is a delete and a ban
Thanks @urfan1. Let's try to let it go both ways. If I say something folks don't agree with and am called names and derided I think I should expect equal treatment. I'll do nothing worthy of banning but that is, of course, a subjective call for you. It's your board.

No politics please.

I didn't mean for it to be politics at all, it just happened to include a reference to a political figure but just wanted to crack a quick joke. But if it was then in that case I was talking about The Apprentice Donald Trump not the president!

this seems to be the way it's been going for a while now.
the "truthers" / "rainbows and unicorns" types get overrun and pushed away. pretty soon the "realists" will happily get to talk among themselves in constant agreement on this board.

Reactions: urfan1 and VT4700
No one seems to stay away for that long. The board is a little like catnip for fans...starving wolves looking for fresh meat.

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
No one seems to stay away for that long. The board is a little like catnip for fans...starving wolves looking for fresh meat.
I like the "catnip" description, but unfortunately some of us overdose on the "catnip".

You might be surprised how many "truthers" (or whatever term we're using this week) have left the boards because of the actual or perceived negativity. Unfortunately several are persons that had, and shared information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT