ADVERTISEMENT

Finley Bizjack - 2023 Offer

Okay, fine...I'll be sure to list us as "UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND" next time. No "THE" though...that's trademarked.

I simply asked a question about using uppercase letters for the other schools but not us. sorry to rub you the wrong way. I knew you referred to us as UR. Thanks for your explanation. 🕷🕸🍾

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Podcast appearance by Finley...recruiting stuff starts around the 11:00 mark. Says Butler, SMU, us, Utah, and SLU are recruiting him hardest. Says he's planning to play out the July evaluation period and then set a schedule for the next round of official visits.
are you still allowed just 5 official visits?

are you still allowed just 5 official visits?
5 in your junior year and 5 in your senior year now (plus 5 more after graduation), and I believe August 1 is the dividing line between junior and senior years. You can visit the same school on official visits in different years, but not in the same year.

Reactions: spiderman
Okay, fine...I'll be sure to list us as "UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND" next time. No "THE" though...that's trademarked.
It is simple...

You can't say "us" because we are all divided...
So you need "UR" so we won't miss it on first glance...
But maybe you should use "Richmond Univerisity" to be sure all the recruits and marketing can understand it...

🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Help an old man understand. We have two players in the NBA Summer league. We won the A-10 Championships,
we have some of the nicest facilities in the country, and a spectacular campus. What do 18 y.o.s see in these giant
schools like Florida? (I guess from a chauvinistic pig standpoint- FL has some gorgeous ladies, lol)

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
Bright lights, major power conference, two-time NCAA champion within the past two decades, massive fanbase, etc., at least in Florida's case. Pretty compelling.

Help an old man understand. We have two players in the NBA Summer league. We won the A-10 Championships,
we have some of the nicest facilities in the country, and a spectacular campus. What do 18 y.o.s see in these giant
schools like Florida? (I guess from a chauvinistic pig standpoint- FL has some gorgeous ladies, lol)
I think you kind of answered your own question here. We have 2 players in the NBA summer league, and Florida has 7 guys in the NBA right now. We have won A-10 titles and they have won NCAA titles. We have some of the nicest facilities in the country, as do they, and both schools have spectacular campuses. So, if kids see the things you mentioned at Richmond, they would certainly see them at Florida too. And, if you are talking about Thomas Haugh, he mentioned he has wanted to go to Florida since he watched Tim Tebow there. Not sure how we can counter that one. :)

Last edited:
So you’re saying that a lot of shallow thinking goes into these decisions?
Ha, I mean, it is Florida. Most kids want to play on the biggest stage they can. It's the SEC, a huge school, and in this case one that he personally was a fan of as a kid. I think we have a really good story to tell and it should appeal to a lot of great players, but most are not going to pass up a Power 5 opportunity for us, unfortunately.

Amazing that two of our top recruits choose Florida and Butler, where two former Spiders
are assistants. Unlike many businesses, I don’t guess an assistant has to sign a non compete
agreement.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Well, maybe, Mojo was a critical piece of our recruiting after all. Gipe couldn't close the deal, hmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT