ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponent's Countdown - North Carolina A&T

Great, momentum building Spider win! Not so worried about the offensive numbers. When you score twice on defense and once on ST, you lose 3 whole possessions. That paired with a conservative, run the clock offense the whole second half will lead to the stats from yesterday. Biggest game of the year against Campbell this week, just because it’s the next one!

Great, momentum building Spider win! Not so worried about the offensive numbers. When you score twice on defense and once on ST, you lose 3 whole possessions. That paired with a conservative, run the clock offense the whole second half will lead to the stats from yesterday. Biggest game of the year against Campbell this week, just because it’s the next one!
ISLA agree totally as we were opportunistic on defense and good enough on offense. But one frustration I have is that we don’t have the speed to run outside and only can run between the tackles. This is a consistent issue with our run game.

Reactions: URTOM68
ISLA agree totally as we were opportunistic on defense and good enough on offense. But one frustration I have is that we don’t have the speed to run outside and only can run between the tackles. This is a consistent issue with our run game.
Don’t disagree at all here, Carolina. However, I think the offensive coaches may view quick throws to the perimeter as affective outside “runs”.

Reactions: urfan1
Perceptive points well made here. Agree.

My concern is outside of the beginning drive, we looked less than pedestrian on O. Gotta step that up to close the season.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Perceptive points well made here. Agree.

My concern is outside of the beginning drive, we looked less than pedestrian on O. Gotta step that up to close the season.
KE, you’re not wrong. Don’t want to jump ahead but I will… we gotta bring our best the last 3 games of the year no matter what it takes. Starting with Campbell. Got a feeling we find a way.

Beyond either/or re Coleman/ Wickersham, why not a package with both? Wickersham as back. Lateral/handoff to Wickersham presents defensive dilemmas. He is capable of bulling it forward or passing.

Last edited:
Beyond either/or re Coleman/ Wickersham, why not a package with both? Wickersham as back. Lateral/handoff to Wickersham presents defensive dilemmas. He is capable of bulling it forward or passing.
similar to Tribe offense, with 2 QBs in backfield.

Reactions: SpiderLaw
Truth here. Given his resume, over pursuing should not have happened. Stay in your lane and stay in front of him.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT