ADVERTISEMENT

Finley Bizjack - 2023 Offer

Visiting Butler next week.

Fair to assume MoJo will not be heavily involved with recruiting him.

Like a few have mentioned on here, Matta not my favorite either. BUT, he seems like a good recruiter/salesman.

Big props to Mooney/Gipe team if they can beat our Matta/Mojo for this one.

So far, no issue with Gipe. Seems to be doing his job, getting out to see guys, getting guys on campus. I do think the HC needs to be the closer. If they can land this one, my offseason grade may go from B++ to B+++.

Just kidding, will bump it up to A-.

MoJo right there next to Mom. Not sure why they didn't offer until he was on his official visit, but there it is...

MoleJo?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the way this looks. I don't think I saw any mention of Butler being on him until three days after MoJo moved over there. I know it's business, but it sucks if he took his business leads with him.

MoleJo?

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the way this looks. I don't think I saw any mention of Butler being on him until three days after MoJo moved over there. I know it's business, but it sucks if he took his business leads with him.
well that's kinda his job.

Reactions: Zeeter
Sure, but I also know my current employer would be super pissed if I switched to a competitor and took all of my contacts with me.
so you'd start from scratch? kind of diminishes your value.
plus it's not like Bizjack committed here. we know we've done worse (Tim Mayes).

His contactsof coaches, scouts and such seem different than contacts of players who are deciding in the next couple of months...

Not that it doesn't go on all the time.

Butler-flavored interview with Bizjack. Unsurprisingly confirms it was indeed MoJo who pursued him after moving to Butler. Says Butler, Richmond, and SMU are prioritizing him most.

Maybe it's just my red-and-blue tinted glasses, but I don't read his comments as a tremendously glowing review of his Butler visit.

Really like this kid and hopes he decides to join us …

Smart kid, seems to have his head screwed on straight, great hooper...what's not to like? Think he's a great fit for us. Give me him and a big and I'll be thrilled.
Yeah since he notes his 4.0 GPA on his Twitter profile got to think academics do matter and while Butler is a good school it is a notch lower than UR at this point

I’m concerned that our Bizjack mojo may have left with MoJo. Also expecting him to rack up a lot more big-time offers.

Bizjack averaged 35 ppg and scored more than half of his team's points as they went 3–0 in an event this weekend. I imagine he'll be seeing more solid offers soon and it doesn't look like he's going to be cutting things down very soon.

Podcast appearance by Finley...recruiting stuff starts around the 11:00 mark. Says Butler, SMU, us, Utah, and SLU are recruiting him hardest. Says he's planning to play out the July evaluation period and then set a schedule for the next round of official visits.

I missed the "us"!
I was like WHAT HAPPENED TO "RICHMOND WAS SPECIAL"!
glad we were mentioned again. still really like our chances here.

Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT