ADVERTISEMENT

expectations for next year.

61 Spider

Starter
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2004
Maybe our expectations shouldn't be to high next year since we lose our 3 top hitters, Mayers, Williams and Zink all hitting over .300 and our 2 top pitchers, Mayers and Brockett. This coupled with the fact that our recruiting season is a disaster unless coach Woodson can bring some players with him. I think the jury is out on him as a recruiter till the 2014 class and hopefully he can bring some very good players then. I certainly like getting Woodson as our head coach and if the team does well next spring, then we can all say UR made the right decision in finding a coach and we will definitely be headed in the right direction. Patience may be the key though.

since coming to the A-10, have not really done much so why would anyone think it will change for, at least, next season. hope that TW was able to negotiate some upgrades and other things he feels he would need to be successful here but will take some time for things to really improve but one never knows. for sure, hope he does not bring any players with him, that is sleezy and hope he does not do business in that manner.

Pitching will be at least as good as last year, if not better. Fielding will be as good or better. The key will be leadoff hitters, RH power and how the Sophs progress. A wild card will be two transfers, one of which has a BIG bat, I'm told, but that is a wild card, as I said. Forrer provides LH power; Flanagan comes back from injury and could be a key; Stanley plays CF and perhaps leads off; we have the same 3 C's; Beckwith plays 3B or LF and should hit better; 1B is wide open, but all the players say Kraeger can hit for power.

If you can pitch and play D, you can play with just about anybody. Injuries are always a key and depth is a concern, but we will be all right.

9 I like your assessment, look's like the pieces are coming together and Woodson may be coming in at the right time. Hopefully he acan energize the kids, keep them healthy and we can see some results.

I would expect the children on the team to adhere to team rules. Otherwise, children will once again dictate the direction of the program and the University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT