ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Game - Saturday 6 pm

Going to see the Lady Spiders tomorrow. 74 grad who, disgracefully, has never seen a collegiate women's basketball game. Old, but still growing I hope.

Go Lady Spiders!
Was much easier to see women's games in the days when the women played on the same day before the men's games.

Reactions: mojo-spider
67–33 with 3 to go, but Roussell is gradually emptying his bench.

Reactions: urfan1
Going to see the Lady Spiders tomorrow. 74 grad who, disgracefully, has never seen a collegiate women's basketball game. Old, but still growing I hope.

Go Lady Spiders!
Thank God my attendance did not jinx the team.

Enjoyable evening. I'll be back!

Go Spiders!

I'd actually love to see the men utilize Bigelow in the high post the way the women did in these highlights - just have him pivot and shoot that 15 foot jumper from the FT line. Neal not being a threat from 3 or to turn and hit a jumper cramps the spacing sometimes. His floater has been good, but he often needs a rhythm dribble or to catch it on the move to get his feet right for the shot.

Go Spiders!

I'd actually love to see the men utilize Bigelow in the high post the way the women did in these highlights - just have him pivot and shoot that 15 foot jumper from the FT line. Neal not being a threat from 3 or to turn and hit a jumper cramps the spacing sometimes. His floater has been good, but he often needs a rhythm dribble or to catch it on the move to get his feet right for the shot.
The 15 footer is one of the worst shots in basketball. Not a fan of Neal's floater either. I realize some possessions those shots might be the best you can get, and King seems to make a good amount of 15 footers, but the goal and focus should be 3s or shots at the rim. I would give teams 15 footers all game. 1. They aren't shooting and making 3s. 2. They aren't getting to the rim and drawing fouls. 3. They won't come close to making every 15 footer you give them. Add it all up, and your offensive efficiency is not good when you shoot a lot of 15 footers.

The 15 footer is one of the worst shots in basketball. Not a fan of Neal's floater either. I realize some possessions those shots might be the best you can get, and King seems to make a good amount of 15 footers, but the goal and focus should be 3s or shots at the rim. I would give teams 15 footers all game. 1. They aren't shooting and making 3s. 2. They aren't getting to the rim and drawing fouls. 3. They won't come close to making every 15 footer you give them. Add it all up, and your offensive efficiency is not good when you shoot a lot of 15 footers.
I’m with you but Neal has been pretty deadly with that shot lately.

I agree with you about 15 footers - I don’t like Bigs’ fadeaway Kobe style jumper at all. But much like non shooters taking some 3s to keep teams honest on defense, the threat of a shot from there is what I want - only on occasion - to open up passing lanes. If teams know we will never shoot it, the big man guarding Neal can sag off and clog passing lanes while the guards over play the handoff dribble. And if we have to shoot it once a game from there to keep them honest, Bigs is my choice to do so.

I hate the 15 footer but Jordan king makes a great pctg of them. The turnaround fadeaway from Bigelow is just dreadful. Coaches need to delete that shot from his NBA2K menu bar.

Reactions: VT4700
The 15 footer is only a bad shot if you don't make it. The mid range game is a lost art at times but there are players out there who are deadly from that range and if that your shot/your niche that you have perfected, than take it.

Jordan King has a great 15 footer. If you can make a team have to defend you anywhere on the court, that makes you a much more difficult team to defend.

I feel Quinn would shoot a better percentage if they were 13’8” floaters.

I like the 15 ftr if we make a reasonable amount, it makes their D cover for it.

Can we close down all of the Dayton threads until after tomorrow's game? We gotta take care of GW first...
seriously. I don't know why anyone would look past 14-4 GW.

Ironically this was the women's basketball thread for Dayton game already played. Had nothing to do with men's Dayton game. But shut her down!

Also, who is looking past GW?

Ironically this was the women's basketball thread for Dayton game already played. Had nothing to do with men's Dayton game. But shut her down!

Also, who is looking past GW?
sorry. but there are 2 "Dayton Sat 6 pm" threads and one is for the men.
maybe a (W) in the title of women's thread would help me.

I can make a thread for next year's season opener and it shouldn't mean the team and coaches are looking past tomorrow's game. Message boards would be pretty boring if we could only ever discuss the very next game.

We have a 19-year head coach and a team full of veteran players who should have their full focus on George Washington.

I can make a thread for next year's season opener and it shouldn't mean the team and coaches are looking past tomorrow's game. Message boards would be pretty boring if we could only ever discuss the very next game.

We have a 19-year head coach and a team full of veteran players who should have their full focus on George Washington.
Exactly ..

The women received 1 vote in the AP poll this week and are tied for 33rd in the nation. Or, as the email I just received from our athletic department says, "WBB EARNS RECEIVES IN LATEST AP TOP 25 POLL."

We also got one vote in the coaches' poll and are tied for 34th there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT