ADVERTISEMENT

CORONAVIRUS - What are the consequences?

I may have misunderstood, and, if so, I apologize, but it seemed to me that he was suggesting through his post that the current methodology was way over the top for the minimal death toll attributable to this virus given the age and preexisting medical conditions (and, perhaps, age) of most of the victims. Sometimes some of us are able to reasonably infer a message (or most of it) without it being spelled out in monosyllables. What you refer to as a "statistic" happens to be a full page of several statistics from which many suggestions as to the need for a different system would be reasonably inferred.
No offense to your personal view or interpretation, but I do not agree with your conclusion.
I wholeheartedly agree that different approaches need to be considered. No need to resort to monosyllabic condescension. I am not of the addled brain type that just regurgitates "Trump getting people killed" without original thought. (Please do not infer that I am a Trumpster, either...far from it). I'm not sure what "conclusion" I advanced that you are not agreeing with.

Back to the death counts - The novel coronavirus is a very serious bug, no doubt. It's nasty, it's dangerous, and it's incredibly contagious.
I think a reasonable person could look at the data showing 98% of the deaths have had a serious co-morbidity and wonder whether we should consider an approach to isolation/suppression/mitigation that is more focused on those most at-risk, plus health care workers and first responders. They are the main vectors. I don't believe those that point out these statistics are saying their deaths shouldn't count as "valid" or that they shouldn't be treated just because they were already in a high risk category.

As an aside - It is, however, ludicrous that if an autopsy generates a positive COVID-19 test, it is listed in the Coronavirus death count, no matter the cause of death. Drowned? Car accident? Fell down the stairs? SIDS? Stage 4 leukemia? Just being 90 and it's your time? Yep, they all count. That's another discussion, though.

We are well past the 15 days to stop the spread, with widespread social distancing and we're not even close to R=1, much less R=0. Fauci was on TV this morning saying that even if we get this thing "under control" (whatever that means), it's likely going to come back in the fall. He's admitting that the current "system" is not succeeding at getting us close to the goal. He doesn't want the nation to "get back to work" until new cases are effectively zero, and there is no way to completely eliminate transmission until a large enough percentage of the population has antibodies, either through infection and recovery, or vaccination.

We are 18 months away from a vaccine (optimistically). How many effective vaccines have we ever come up with for a coronavirus?

I fear that the economic and societal damage of an 18-month nationwide shutdown - which is the only way the current strategy "works" - will be permanent and cause many more deaths than the virus itself.

Last edited:
67fd5aea6b31f7b8d894846fafe9ae48

Pastor Kenneth Copeland prayed to 'blow the wind of God' at coronavirus during the televangelist's sermon

Before blowing at the camera, he said: "I blow the wind of God on you. You are destroyed forever, and you'll never be back. Thank you, God. Let it happen. Cause it to happen."

Wonder who he and his followers will vote for in 2020 wearing RED hats?

God really dropped the ball on this one. Was he too busy setting his march madness brackets or what? Anyway, hopefully if a bunch of people pray about it, this will all just vanish into thin air overnight! Seems like a rock-solid strategy to me.

Just curious, knowing there are a few never-trumpers here , would a decrease in virus patients this week be more or less helpful to the agenda or an increase by 200% supports the cause. Don’t bother with the lack of preparation argument, very apparent who is responsible.

I pray that all of our first responders and health care providers are also covered in the blood of Jesus since they are not covered in the appropriate PPE

Reactions: 32counter
Or, if not W, at least this more recent update:

And what did Obama do? With Obamacare,tax medical devices including ventilators forcing all production to go overseas; China. NY Governor refuses to purchase 16,000 ventilators. Many to blame here for totally unexpected event. To use this for a political issue is low class but not surprised.

And what did Obama do? With Obamacare,tax medical devices including ventilators forcing all production to go overseas; China. NY Governor refuses to purchase 16,000 ventilators. Many to blame here for totally unexpected event. To use this for a political issue is low class but not surprised.

I agree with much of what you say, but Obama has not been our President for a approximately 3.25 years.

I agree with much of what you say, but Obama has not been our President for a approximately 3.25 years.
Not sure what you implying, should the current administration stockpiled after the preciously depleted stockpile due to SARS? What about the states? No responsibilities? NY? I am not a fan of the current guy but no president has been attacked by the opposition and media in history like him. Right or wrong, he gives it his best every day.

Not sure what you implying, should the current administration stockpiled after the preciously depleted stockpile due to SARS? What about the states? No responsibilities? NY? I am not a fan of the current guy but no president has been attacked by the opposition and media in history like him. Right or wrong, he gives it his best every day.

Agent Orange and his merrymen were intentionally asleep at the wheel concerning ALL aspects of this pandemic including the INTENTIONAL dismantling of a Federal Agency preparing for pandemics.Agent Orange has since attempted to DEFLECT all blame for his incompetence by abdicating his Federal duties as Commander and Chief and placing all remedial responsibilities and blame on Governors,particularly the chaotic and costly procurement of medical equipment to support hospitals and doctors in the fight to combat this virus.Playing catchup will be full of Agent Orange’s self adulation and adoration and bullshit.He’s now even playing DOCTOR by preempting a Medical question to Fauci today. Orange now uses TV OZ as a background foil.A carnival of ERRORS.Agent Orange hates playing 2nd fiddle to anyone especially the experienced and highly respected Dr Fauci.Jealously of the Center Stage-Agent Orange with the podium,microphone,and incoherent rambling will continue.

Last edited:
Oh when Nancy wanted everyone to party in Chinatown? Oh on 1/28 when Joe call him a racist for stopping flights from China? Oh Europe? BTW, did you forget about the impeachment BS? How about the DEM debates, not one question by moderators or candidates about the virus? Not one. There is plenty of blames and finger pointing but this is not the time, you are smarter than that.

Watching a rerun of Saving Private Ryan, my father was in Pearl Harbor at the time, lost two cousin and other relatives at Normandy, he witnessed the attack at the Pearl. Not a fan of FDR and his progressive agenda but said many times he was the POTUS and the country, entire country was fighting for survival
He left us at 92, glad he is not here to witness the constant attack on our President.

Just curious, knowing there are a few never-trumpers here , would a decrease in virus patients this week be more or less helpful to the agenda or an increase by 200% supports the cause. Don’t bother with the lack of preparation argument, very apparent who is responsible.
Local - I'm not 100 percent sure I understand your argument. But based on what point I think you're trying to make, here's my take. First, we have no way of knowing how many people have been infected because of the lack of widespread testing. Because of that, any statistics that come out are probably not representative of how big or small the problem is and whether the problem is growing in scope or is declining.

Second, your question seems to suggest that if the numbers decline that Trump should be given some of the credit. I would credit the governors of each state - who have largely been left out on an island due to the lack/failure of the federal response- for implementing stay-at-home orders to help slow the transmission.

I do have an agenda - getting rid of the worst President certainly in my lifetime and probably of all time (Buchanan notwithstanding), I'll do that by voting. Unlike 32, my comments on Trump are rare. 32 still must have some hope he can change some hearts and minds. I'm beyond that and have been for quite a while. There is zero defense for the damage Trump has done and is doing to this country and anyone who still supports him is being purposely blind to facts.

Not sure of your point . You seem to be implying that everyone, everyone knew, beforehand, of the impact of the virus? China, Italy, Germany,UK,etc. Even Nancy and Joe were making political points criticizing the entire effort to combat the administration. Give it a break dude, you can impeach Trump forever and ever but in the interim let’s get this get together to put people to work. You have a problem with that?

Not sure of your point . You seem to be implying that everyone, everyone knew, beforehand, of the impact of the virus? China, Italy, Germany,UK,etc. Even Nancy and Joe were making political points criticizing the entire effort to combat the administration. Give it a break dude, you can impeach Trump forever and ever but in the interim let’s get this get together to put people to work. You have a problem with that?

US Senate Intelligence Committee in closed door-secret sessions knew precisely what was going on in late ‘19.So did the WH.Some of those upstanding senators even unloaded a bunch of stock immediately prior to the market collapse.Particularly stocks which were severely impacted by the Covid shutdown.DOJ will let them off the hook.Wink-wink.Check out particularly the Senator from Ga and who her Sugar Daddy is.

Local - I'm not 100 percent sure I understand your argument. But based on what point I think you're trying to make, here's my take. First, we have no way of knowing how many people have been infected because of the lack of widespread testing. Because of that, any statistics that come out are probably not representative of how big or small the problem is and whether the problem is growing in scope or is declining.

Second, your question seems to suggest that if the numbers decline that Trump should be given some of the credit. I would credit the governors of each state - who have largely been left out on an island due to the lack/failure of the federal response- for implementing stay-at-home orders to help slow the transmission.

I do have an agenda - getting rid of the worst President certainly in my lifetime and probably of all time (Buchanan notwithstanding), I'll do that by voting. Unlike 32, my comments on Trump are rare. 32 still must have some hope he can change some hearts and minds. I'm beyond that and have been for quite a while. There is zero defense for the damage Trump has done and is doing to this country and anyone who still supports him is being purposely blind to facts.
You did not answer my questions, more or less deaths suits your agenda? Simple, yes or no?

US Senate Intelligence Committee in closed door-secret sessions knew precisely what was going on in late ‘19.So did the WH.Some of those upstanding senators even unloaded a bunch of stock immediately prior to the market collapse.Particularly stocks which were severely impacted by the Covid shutdown.DOJ will let them off the hook.Wink-wink.Check out particularly the Senator from Ga and who her Sugar Daddy is.
So politician dumped stocks, insider trading, what’s new?

Your question is so ignorant it doesn't deserve a response. I guarantee you I value human life by an infinite degree beyond what your dear leader does.
Your question is so ignorant it doesn't deserve a response. I guarantee you I value human life by an infinite degree beyond what your dear leader does.
So you believe I am ignorant? Two UR grads that adore our university with different opinions on politics and our current POTUS, makes you feel better calling me ignorant, God bless you. You will need his help. You

So you believe I am ignorant? Two UR grads that adore our university with different opinions on politics and our current POTUS, makes you feel better calling me ignorant, God bless you. You will need his help. You
Straw man argument - I didn't say you were ignorant. I said your question was. Try reading a little slower if you're having this much trouble understanding what I've written.

Well you didn’t answer the question? Instead, the question or I was ignorant? Simple, more or less deaths help the never trumper agenda?

Have taken a break from the board for a while. Catching up. After reading this thread, God help our Republic.

Hatred, like bigotry, is ugly to behold. Reduces otherwise intelligent folk to blithering dimwits. It is tiresome to see cherry picked data to support a predetermined view (pro or anti Trump). The truth generally lies on the continuum between the extremes.

Regardless of your fervent views, one side or the other, stay safe out there. Need all the Spiders we can muster.

I don't know about others, but I used up my "free" looks at Bloomberg some time ago so I'm unable to open any of these links

Can we make a swap in leadership with the Mother Country.We’ll throw in 1st round draft choices and a boat load of cash.Lets do this ASAP.

I wholeheartedly agree that different approaches need to be considered. No need to resort to monosyllabic condescension. I am not of the addled brain type that just regurgitates "Trump getting people killed" without original thought. (Please do not infer that I am a Trumpster, either...far from it). I'm not sure what "conclusion" I advanced that you are not agreeing with.

Back to the death counts - The novel coronavirus is a very serious bug, no doubt. It's nasty, it's dangerous, and it's incredibly contagious.
I think a reasonable person could look at the data showing 98% of the deaths have had a serious co-morbidity and wonder whether we should consider an approach to isolation/suppression/mitigation that is more focused on those most at-risk, plus health care workers and first responders. They are the main vectors. I don't believe those that point out these statistics are saying their deaths shouldn't count as "valid" or that they shouldn't be treated just because they were already in a high risk category.

As an aside - It is, however, ludicrous that if an autopsy generates a positive COVID-19 test, it is listed in the Coronavirus death count, no matter the cause of death. Drowned? Car accident? Fell down the stairs? SIDS? Stage 4 leukemia? Just being 90 and it's your time? Yep, they all count. That's another discussion, though.

We are well past the 15 days to stop the spread, with widespread social distancing and we're not even close to R=1, much less R=0. Fauci was on TV this morning saying that even if we get this thing "under control" (whatever that means), it's likely going to come back in the fall. He's admitting that the current "system" is not succeeding at getting us close to the goal. He doesn't want the nation to "get back to work" until new cases are effectively zero, and there is no way to completely eliminate transmission until a large enough percentage of the population has antibodies, either through infection and recovery, or vaccination.

We are 18 months away from a vaccine (optimistically). How many effective vaccines have we ever come up with for a coronavirus?

I fear that the economic and societal damage of an 18-month nationwide shutdown - which is the only way the current strategy "works" - will be permanent and cause many more deaths than the virus itself.
Very well said. The “one death is too many mentality” is difficult to overcome and it is going to destroy us all in the end unless we objectively and rationally alter the current strategy. They created mass hysteria right from the beginning and can now not retract that until the entire threat is gone, which may never be the case.

Very well said. The “one death is too many mentality” is difficult to overcome and it is going to destroy us all in the end unless we objectively and rationally alter the current strategy. They created mass hysteria right from the beginning and can now not retract that until the entire threat is gone, which may never be the case.

Hey Daddy,

Get a vaccine and proper testing that doesn’t generate false negatives.Get someone who at least appreciates science running the country.Get rid of the hacks and lackeys that Agent Orange has hired.
Good luck on filling up stadiums or arenas unless they’re located in Evangelical Country.

Wow, obviously you don’t care for the current administration’s virus team. Just curious if you could pick a better team I love to hear your picks. Please keep it from 1950s?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT