ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mooney – this is who he is

I read their comment to say "Mooney is the best coach UR will have that nobody else will want. It's difficult to recruit and coach at UR (Geez you think we don't understand that, after all we pay over $!mill a year to do it). Any Coach with a couple of years success would be sought after and gone, maybe, they might actually like coaching at UR. But if they are that's the life of a mid-major. Mooney is staying and the rest of you can go" -- I bet you Aced your leadership class, way to build unity.
Davidson doesn’t have a problem keeping a winning coach

I still see it on his feed.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-23-at-11-10-37-AM.jpg
It’s a crime that schools like la salle have gone to the NCAA’s more recently than us.

Right, and not only have they gone more recently, it’s also been so long ago that they they also later fired their coach and THAT happened a fairly long time ago now, too.

Reactions: whampas
I still see it on his feed.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-23-at-11-10-37-AM.jpg
I think if the criticism in public keeps piling on, admin cant ignore it. We literally need just a couple high profile guys on TV to repeat the above post or something similar and the snowball rolls. Not sure anyone important cares enough though.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Getting your ass handed to you by your rival with a bunch of 5th and 6th years players will do that for you. I think the VCU game was obviously the breaking point for most of the remaining vanguard of Mooneyism.

Curious, did Bob even talk about the game on Monday on his show. I know he did A LOT on the Wisconsin-Michigan game, talked about the UVA win, didn't listen to the whole show. Did he just not talk about our ass whooping?
If I recall, very little..he didn't address until after 530 and talked more about how well vcu played than about how poorly we played.

I think if the criticism in public keeps piling on, admin cant ignore it. We literally need just a couple high profile guys on TV to repeat the above post or something similar and the snowball rolls. Not sure anyone important cares enough though.
So you are not buying a billboard of that tweet? :p

JOC tries to get Mooney to contrast individual achievements with some of the disappointments, and all he can come up with is the 2020 tournament getting canceled and the following season being "abnormal." Zero acknowledgment of any shortcomings in our performance. 1:40 mark...

JOC tries to get Mooney to contrast individual achievements with some of the disappointments, and all he can come up with is the 2020 tournament getting canceled and the following season being "abnormal." Zero acknowledgment of any shortcomings in our performance. 1:40 mark...

He refuses to address anything along those lines, unlike most coaches imo. maybe at end of year but if so it would be as soft/weak as we often play. Tho in this case I can understand the answer based on how it was framed by JOC, u also have to ask that more directly if u want a better answer.

maybe this is just me, and I can never prove it, but I wonder if there is something to Mooney never wearing Spiders gear in these things. Also is he wearing a NIKE shirt in that press conference? Not positive but definitely looks like it. We have Adidas contract and the head coach of flagship sport is possibly wearing Nike. That's freaking weird.

Everyone and particularly mooney need to stop hyping up this class and how great they are. They haven’t done sh*t. Calling them the best class ever is an insult to the class of anderson, Harper, geriot, smith. Those guys actually accomplished something in their careers, this class couldn’t hold that groups jockstraps.

I just came here to say the same thing. Pathetic that the biggest disappointment to him is getting the tournament cancelled, and not the fact that we failed to capitalize for 2 years after that with almost the exact same team. Loser’s attitude still pouting about something from 2 years ago

Reactions: 8legs1dream
He refuses to address anything along those lines, unlike most coaches imo. maybe at end of year but if so it would be as soft/weak as we often play. Tho in this case I can understand the answer based on how it was framed by JOC, u also have to ask that more directly if u want a better answer.

maybe this is just me, and I can never prove it, but I wonder if there is something to Mooney never wearing Spiders gear in these things. Also is he wearing a NIKE shirt in that press conference? Not positive but definitely looks like it. We have Adidas contract and the head coach of flagship sport is possibly wearing Nike. That's freaking weird.
It's definitely a Nike Swoosh. Unsurprising lack of self-awareness.

I wonder how Adidas would respond to seeing this video? Fine him, warn him, fine the University, warn the University, pull the sponsorship?

Reactions: SpiderK and GKiller
It's definitely a Nike Swoosh. Unsurprising lack of self-awareness.

Amazing. Might be purposeful idk. Other times he seems to go out of his way to put on his Paul Bunyan shirts to cover up any Richmond athletic gear.

Regardless I don't think i've ever seen a sitting head coach do what Mooney just did, wear Nike when you have Adidas or vice versa.

Amazing. Might be purposeful idk. Other times he seems to go out of his way to put on his Paul Bunyan shirts to cover up any Richmond athletic gear.

Regardless I don't think i've ever seen a sitting head coach do what Mooney just did, wear Nike when you have Adidas or vice versa.
This is a fireable offense imo. Very very fireable.

Thursday must be Nike pullover day for Rainman. Now, must go sip some water from my little tiny sippy cup.

I think Mooney can wear just about anything at this point. His next press conference Mooney wears a t-shirt.

Interesting thread here. I must have missed it earlier when I had half the board on ignore.

For one week out of an eleven year span you were right about Mooney. By all means keep up with the victory lap, we all look forward to laughing when you go into exile at the first sign of trouble this coming season.
are you already planning to jump off the boat after a couple losses?

Reactions: VT4700
are you already planning to jump off the boat after a couple losses?
Happens every year. How many times was the "season over" after a loss last year? Look no farther than this thread. LOL. Same with the 24-7 year in 2020. How many times did we hear "we are done, season is over" then? Too many!

The season was over from an at-large perspective. Only an improbable, unlikely run to the A10 title saved the season. While the run was fun and I am happy for the team, we were not close to the position we should have been in after the regular season. It was another underpreforming season until to the A10 tournament. This is hardly the formula needed to be a consistent participant in the NCAA Tournament. Save the victory laps until we see some consistent performance from the program year in and year out.

true, but don't throw in the towel and start petitions too early either.
the season's not over until it's over.

Reactions: VT4700
The season was over from an at-large perspective. Only an improbable, unlikely run to the A10 title saved the season. While the run was fun and I am happy for the team, we were not close to the position we should have been in after the regular season. It was another underpreforming season until to the A10 tournament. This is hardly the formula needed to be a consistent participant in the NCAA Tournament. Save the victory laps until we see some consistent performance from the program year in and year out.
I just wonder what your expectations are? We aren’t Davidson, we aren’t Dayton, we aren’t VCU, we aren’t even Rhode Island. These are programs looked at as the cream of the crop when it comes to Mid Majors. It’s a tough league with bigger schools that attract higher recruits. No matter who the coach is for Richmond. It’s a tough gig

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT