ADVERTISEMENT

capital campaign

61 Spider

Starter
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2004
See where the capital campaign is now at $159 million. It will be interesting to see how much the spider club raised for the fiscal year ending in 2014. Hope a good portion of the campaign funds go towards athletics and improved facilities such as the baseball field.

Anyone know what our long-term plan is for baseball? I almost feel like we need to bulldoze the field and re-situate it during an offseason in order to improve it to any significant degree. If we were starting with a flat, blank slate there, I bet we could put together a pretty nice complex with more permanent seating and minor amenities. As it is, I feel like we are more or less stuck with what we have and can only improve it so much (i.e. - not enough).

One of the parents posted that we're getting some offseason improvements, but I don't remember the details.

The location of the baseball field is not that bad. The facility needs better stands, press area, bathrooms and most important, lights.

My point is just that there's really no room to expand the seating behind home plate, because there's a giant cliff there. We are falling way behind in terms of our baseball complex when compared to a lot of "lesser" schools, even, and I'm just not sure how we can really expand things much with the field aligned as it is currently.

The existing location could have more seats. Just dig into the hill and lay a foundation. I cant imagine a huge investment would be needed to make a really nice facility with the basic amenities that One Putt describes.

I played around with shifting the location of home plate to roughly where right field is now and angling the field toward college road/Westhampton Lake, and it seems to fit pretty well within the current footprint and would give room to build some nice seating without affecting X-lot. A few things might need to be tweaked, but it's just a thought.

This way, you also have easier access for fans from X-lot.

(Sorry, or you're welcome, for the spam stuff on that link. First free image hosting site I could find.)

This post was edited on 7/14 6:43 PM by Eight Legger

Pitt Field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT