ADVERTISEMENT

Breein Tyree: an outstanding guard

Ulla1

Head Coach
Apr 21, 2011
Really like the way Breein plays. IMHO, he might be the best guard offered by UR. Check out the video.

Looks like a stud. Not holding my breath, considering that he has at least 14 other offers and another dozen teams interested. Would be a nice one for us to land, though, no doubt about it.

Based on his verbalcommits profile, I don't see where we are not competitive for this kid. He's got a lot of offers for sure, but I think UR plays favorably against most of them. Would be a bit worried about Iowa State given how much hype they had going into the tournament this year.

that's an explosive athlete! wow.
T, in his own words he has USC 1 and K State a close 2nd. I don't see us competitive here.

We offered him in February 2014...haven't really seen much in the way of updates since then, so hard to say whether there continues to be good interest on either side.

Likely another in a long list of players we offered early who then blew up and took a higher offer. Would be nice if we could land one of these kids just once, though.

Likely another in a long list of players we offered early who then blew up and took a higher offer. Would be nice if we could land one of these kids just once, though.

Yeah, I know. My general rule of thumb for recruits are if we devote a thread to them on here, they aren't coming here. I blame Ulla for the loss of many of our highly rated recruits.

Yeah, I know. My general rule of thumb for recruits are if we devote a thread to them on here, they aren't coming here. I blame Ulla for the loss of many of our highly rated recruits.
A Spider assistant coach once blamed me for our team not returning to the Big Dance. This was after I told him that our last Sweet Sixteen banner was still proudly displayed over a painting in my bedroom. The banner was retired a few months ago. This is the year!

yeah, hadn't noticed where he indicated his preferences. i just think that USC is an also ran in Pac12 bball, and for anyone who has been to Manhattan KS, it's one of the most desolate locations in the US. But both are Power5 schools and that's a tough thing to overcome.

no, that's tough to compete with. i guess i don't think of USC's program as being overwhelmingly dialed in to the tournament, USCs last trip was in 2011. KSU missed last year but had been there 2010-2014 though, so we lose out in that comparison. Regardless, perception is hard to overcome.

He looks and plays like Kevin Anderson, and would obviously have a great skill-set for UR. Not sure how many of you arrived at games early, and got to see KA going way up over the rim for slam-dunks, but it was worth coming out early to watch. I wish he has shown his "vertical" bailities more during games. I hope we can get him in for a visit soon, and that he has a great visit, and fits in with the "chemistry" of our team, which matters quite a bit....

He looks and plays like Kevin Anderson, and would obviously have a great skill-set for UR. Not sure how many of you arrived at games early, and got to see KA going way up over the rim for slam-dunks, but it was worth coming out early to watch. I wish he has shown his "vertical" bailities more during games. I hope we can get him in for a visit soon, and that he has a great visit, and fits in with the "chemistry" of our team, which matters quite a bit....
Oldie, you are correct. KA's dunking exhibitions prior to games were remarkable. We have arrived early more recently to see Khwan Fore's athleticism on exhibition. His pass-the-ball-between-the-legs-on-the-way-up-then-throw-it-down-dunk was extremely impressive for a six foot tall guard. Believe me, before his injury, he was amazingly athletic. Let's hope he will totally recover.

Last edited:
Appears to be a significantly higher level recruit than UR normally signs. We can dream, but I suspect that he will end up with some big-time offers from major programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT