ADVERTISEMENT

Big Picture

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
I will leave all the small details on what players should have done or “if we only did this” to other people.

This team is significantly better than last year. Kenpom now predicts we will win 20, up from 18 before the season and we are favored to win 23.

We had a great tournament at 3-1 and played like an NCAA Tournament caliber team 7 of the 8 halfs, which is much better than almost all of us thought we could achieve.

We had a great 1st half against Auburn, which shows we can hang with the best of them. Obviously not the 2nd half we wanted, however they are ranked #14 in Kenpom. We can beat them if we bring our A game.

All 5 starters shined, but not simultaneously.

Great to see how well the bench is playing and expect Burton, Sal and Andre to be big contributors as the year goes on.

The big question mark is injuries, especially Golden. If he can come back quickly we will win 20 to 25 games, finish top 4 in the A10 with a small chance of an at large bid to the NCAA, if we don't win the tournament. I still think we going to NIT.

If Grant is out for extended period it would be major problem.

Last edited:
We stay healthy, there is no limit to what we can accomplish. One positive is Mooney has played his bench early on more than I past years. Because of that, those subs are gaining more confidence and will contribute more. If Jake can gain his shooting touch, then our combinations will be more effective.

Reactions: urfan1
One positive is Mooney has played his bench early on more than in past years.

CM's pattern since he has been here is that he will play more guys in OOC, then drop back to a 7-man rotation during A-10 play, even during years when we had depth. Recall his "forgot to put them in the game" comments.

#NoMoreMooneyTruthing

I think Auburn game shows much with the team needs to be the good team ahead that Fezz sees. We are the Shooter team and how to score against the bigger teams. Keep this bench energy Coach
I think one big lesson is for Mr Sherod to learn drawing trhe foul on the jump shot and most improtant against the big teams that can guard him. It is a technique that to be learned. I am enjoying this year as things needed for imrpving show their face already now and not game 20 like other years, now watch to see if everybody sees and everybody learns

Reactions: SpiderRick
We stay healthy, there is no limit to what we can accomplish. One positive is Mooney has played his bench early on more than I past years. Because of that, those subs are gaining more confidence and will contribute more. If Jake can gain his shooting touch, then our combinations will be more effective.

Well he is hardly getting any minutes now so I'm not sure he can make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT