ADVERTISEMENT

Bethune Cookman game observations

97spiderfan

Spider's Club
Feb 2, 2005
Taking into account, that Bethune Cookman is not very good, here are a couple observations from yesterday.

1. When your the best player on the court, play like your the best player on the court. Terry Allen did just that. Just a dominating performance from TA.
2. Other players that I would grade out really well. Jesse had a really nice game, hit a couple of 3 and played with confidence again. He has a really nice rotation on his shot. And yes Deion had a really good game. 6-8 from the line and a big putback dunk.
3. Khwan got his pub for his huge follow up dunk and I agree that he plays much older than his freshman status would dictate. However, 4 fouls in 11 minutes of play, is quite freshmanesque.
4. SDJ and TJ. Both had what I would consider average games. SDJ scored 8 of our first 10 points and finished with 10. TJ was really quite sloppy for the 3/4 of the game, but still finished with 14 points.
5. Marshall continues to impress me. His 3 point shot was not falling (0-5) but he had a couple just lip out. Despite that he was very active on both ends of the court. He most certainly does not lack for confidence.

Again, Bethune Cookman is not very good, so don't want to read much into this but our defense looked substantially better than it did in the first 3 games. We were active on the boards and held BC under 20% from 3. Perhaps, they are bad shooters, but it helps when you don't give them wide open looks which for the most part we didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT