ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT IOWA!

It's pretty funny. One of the excuses that Fran gave was the Iowa players didn't like the Wilson ball used. Said it was the first time they had used it. HUH???
the NCAA is using the Wilson Evo NXT ball this tournament. it's been known all season they would. I personally think teams should use the ball they're going to use in the tournament all season, but you've got contracts. we use a Nike ball.

we did seem to shoot less from outside than usual yesterday and only hit 5 of 17 from 3 with Jacob hitting 4 of them. maybe that was a conscious decision due to the ball change?

the ball isn't an excuse of course. both teams play with it. but a ball change does matter. grip matters. and Evolution's are very grippy. most youth and AAU near me seem to use them. I've never played with the NXT but I assume it's similar (and really orange!).

the NCAA is using the Wilson Evo NXT ball this tournament. it's been known all season they would. I personally think teams should use the ball they're going to use in the tournament all season, but you've got contracts. we use a Nike ball.
We use Wilson balls for home games, but not the Evo NXT. Remember seeing it one or two of our games this year, must have been road games.

Reactions: whampas
Yes, I knew Iowa was not a super physical team, but was expecting that if they navigated the Big10 so well they would be tougher. Burton, Cayo, Grace and Co. took it to them.
It’s only because people are mad about their brackets.

And, there is clearly big 10 / big conference bias everywhere from the media and pundits to the refs and fans. It’s part of the reason why I liked our chances yesterday.

How can the big 10 have 9 teams? That just doesn’t even make sense — I’m still annoyed that Dayton didn’t get in given this stat.

Legs go Ramblers! Excited to have them join next year.

We use Wilson balls for home games, but not the Evo NXT. Remember seeing it one or two of our games this year, must have been road games.
maybe that helped. guess we're using old practice balls on our media guide cover.

loved the way TB goated their guard into fouling in -- ball being set TB puts hand lightly on him he pushed it off TB realized it bothered him kept right at it, happened several times refs step in sure told them to calm it down but TB kept getting in his head by touching or nearly touching, soon as play starts TB slides down and draws the charge -- expression on their guards face was priceless
Great play. Im always surprised players don't try to reate off ball charges more often.

Reactions: gcarter52
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT