ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT IOWA!

Lets win and keep the dream alive. I went to San Antonio in 2011 and watched us lose to Kansas. Lets get some revenge!

We got a little screwed with the bracket. 1st, we have to play on Thursday and second is playing Iowa. Their Net ranking is 14th, which mean based only on that, they should be a mid 4th seed. They also just won the Big 10 tournament, which might be the best conference in the country. With that said, we can take them.

Reactions: BXY
We got a little screwed with the bracket. 1st, we have to play on Thursday and second is playing Iowa. Their Net ranking is 14th, which mean based only on that, they should be a mid 4th seed. They also just won the Big 10 tournament, which might be the best conference in the country. With that said, we can take them.
I think there is a NET tomorrow. I want to compare that to Seeds to see who is the most over & under...

Haha Hardt. Tho honestly I would have rather been the 13 seed & got Providence in Buffalo.
Definitely. Providence is not playing well. Ive seen teams win major conference titles then lay an egg in the opening round. Anything can happen. I hope we have a chance to win it with 5 minutes to go. Then who knows.

Of the 5 seeds, I definitely prefer Iowa to Houston. Could have lived with UCONN and sticking it in Danny Hurley's stupid whiny face.

Yes but they beat Rutgers and Indiana first two rounds. I really think its hard to analyze the Big10. With so many teams just about . 500, its really impossible to know who is really good or if all are just mediocre. This scenario happens year after year in Big10. They get 8-9 teams in and by the end of the first weekend there are 3 left. Last year 4 Big 10 teams with seeds under 6 lost in first round.
you’d think the committee would see a pattern.

Wow, tough 1st round match up with Iowa. I agree kneepad, like Iowa over Houston, but St. Mary's would have been best at this seed. And agree that would rather play Providence as a 4. They have had a great season, but never seem to blow reams out. Would have been sweet to beat Uconn bit also would have sucked if we lost to Hurley too.

My Hoo son, a season ticket holder and a very good judge of basketball, saw Iowa take down UVA by a point in late November. Sees a lot of Spider games too. He believes we are easily capable of beating Iowa.

I'm going with my family and my Spider family. We will get this done! (He believes we win the second game too).

I don’t feel as hopeful about this one as I was with St. Mary’s in 2010 (which we lost) or Vanderbilt (which we won). I’ve had doubt for the past 3 years, so what’s another week or 2?

It looks like they are large and physical. They will try to rough us up. Their game finished later than ours. They also had to win 4 games in a row.

Iowa sees us as an easy draw.
We are, they will probably be 10 point favorites. And Providence is one of the weakest 4 seeds in the history of the tournament. Iowa has a great path to the sweet 16. Would be insane if we beat Iowa, they should be a 3 or 4 seed.

Last edited:
Watched the bracketology show and seemed that half of them had Iowa in the final 4. It's not a great draw but we are in and we have Gilly.
To be in March Madness is big. At this stage of season, you get what you get as far as one draw vs another. Also, you get what you give - translation - if we play to potential, we control destiny and screw the seeding and who is wearing the home uniforms on Thursday.

Iowa, way more offense than defense. We will have to outscore them. If we're on our game and keep it close late, we have a chance. We're playing loose and with house money. If it's close late I've got to think they will tighten up. Crowd will be on our side because we're the dog. I'm hoping all of Canada shows up to cheer their boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT