ADVERTISEMENT

ALL SWIMMER GUYS

WebSpinner

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 7, 2003
watching the 4X100 meter freestyle last night......do you or can you see, feel, know where your competitor is? guess meaning in the lanes closest to you in the freestyle and guess meaning in the last 25 meters not at the turn. ryan, the anchor, think was breathing to his right but the french guy was on his left and coming the last 30 meters or so, did he know? if not, we need water-proof comm buds so the coach can give him a push, assuming there is anything left to give at that point.....lol

Don't think they can use comm buds in the Olympics, I know in cycling they use comm buds extensively, but they couldn't use them in either the Olympic womens road race, nor the mens road race.

I think Ryan knew the French dude was coming up fast, it seemed like Ryan was pushing very hard the last 25 yards or so, his form was breaking down a bit, plus I think that was his 4th race of the day, might not have had a full tank of gas at that point.

http://www.conquestgraphics.com

was just kidding about the comm buds but do think the rowers utilize them, at least the cox had a microphone so assume the workers had buds. know the strategy was to send out the fast guys to give us a lead, which they did but ryan was sucking wind at the end but did great, probably nothing in the tank but main thing was wanting to know if he could tell where the french guy was at the end.

Yes, you know where the people on either side of you are if they're close to you, even if you're breathing the other way. Lochte certainly knew where Agnel was, but didn't have enough gas.

There is a bit of second-guessing about whether Lochte should have been on that relay. He wasn't one of the four fastest 100 freestylers for the U.S. this year, but they put him on because he's been swimming so well this year. He split 47.74, while Matt Grevers split 47.54 during the preliminary heat. That by itself wouldn't have made up the difference, but maybe Grevers could have gone even faster in finals. But we'll never know.

thanks SF, that was what i was searching for with this. give all the credit to angel, take nothing away from ryan at all.

I didn't have time to replay Lochte's start but it seemed like he lost a lot of ground relative to the fake yellow World Record line they show on the NBC broadcast. Cullen Jones seemed to touched just a split second behind when the WR line hit the wall. But when Lochte entered the water it was well behind the WR line.

Also, as SF said, yes you do know where your competitors are even if you only breath the the opposite side. The closer they are to you the better you can tell. It is really only an issue when two swimmer are on the opposite sides of the pool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT