ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

If we want Manon, get him to sign before he leaves.

Without knowing anything about this guy behind what the tweet says, I would view this guy as a decent step-down option for us. He's not going anywhere higher than X, but maybe he could come down here and score double digits for us.

Reactions: urfan1
On the flip side, no portal entries yet on our side. As I recall last offseason, our outgoing players usually waited until I had posted their player evaluation on here to announce :).
So other teams were reading your articles to decide what to offer?

Reactions: urfan1
On the flip side, no portal entries yet on our side. As I recall last offseason, our outgoing players usually waited until I had posted their player evaluation on here to announce :).
Portal entry dates last offseason:

Dread: March 16th
Nelson: April 10th
Randolph: April 18th
Burton: May 25th (Grad Transfer, so he was allowed to enter much later).

I don't think we can be comfortable on anyones status until at least the end of April - the portal closes to undergrads on May 1 - and for grad transfers, could be even later than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: spider23
Portal entry dates last offseason:

Dread: March 16th
Nelson: April 10th
Randolph: April 18th
Burton: May 25th (Grad Transfer, so he was allowed to enter much later).

I don't think we can be comfortable on anyones status until at least the end of April - the portal closes to undergrads on May 1 - and for grad transfers, could be even later than that.
March makes sense.
April feels like they felt good until they heard we were landing talent above them in the portal.
May feels like tampering.

I look forward to reading them again.

Umm it has the Maryland flag in it. He's going to Maryland. coincidence? No. Don't believe us but u should believe Rodney Sr. But kids can change minds. If u change your avatar we still got a chance.
We could do a lot better with more players from Maryland, like DeMatha or St. Frances? And I‘m not upsetting little kids.

We apparently offered Jarred Hall back in 2022, though there was never much out there about us being involved. Anyway, he's in the portal after a quiet freshman year at Tulsa.

Bo Montgomery to UNCW.

Edit: Well, he deleted the tweet right after I posted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MDspider8
Oh boy. So funny hiw we had to think about him for 3 months and the I forgot he existed.
Okay, I know I mentioned he might be a good get at this time last year, but I want no part of him now, and not sure why I was interested last year. 0-1 from 3 last year...I think they told him " you will not shoots 3s here". A career 25.4% 3 point shooter on 63 attempts.

Last edited:
is this the 1st year that you only have 45 days to enter the portal?
not sure how serious the deadline is, but maybe that's why so many are in so fast.

Bona is continuing to get crushed...Essamvous in the portal now.

Brown is the only guy left who's played meaningful minutes, and he'll be a fifth year who previously transferred in from GW, so who knows, he may decide to portal as well.

Sadly since I am a C of Charleston fan, most of their ore players have entered the portal in last 24 hours as well given Pat Kelsey apparently headed to Lousiville.

Stefan Todorovic is back in the portal this year. He visited us last year when he was transferring out of SMU, but ended up at San Francisco.

Did not have a big role for the Dons this season. Started off the season with solid minutes and scoring off the bench, ended up in the starting lineup for a handful of games in early December, but petered out down the stretch. Never managed double-digit minutes after Christmas and only got on the floor in 7 of their 16 conference games.

Sadly since I am a C of Charleston fan, most of their ore players have entered the portal in last 24 hours as well given Pat Kelsey apparently headed to Lousiville.

Kelsey is a proven coach with good results but what’s really funny is he worked for both former Louisville coach Chris Mack and Dino Gaudio at Wake who apparently blackmailed Mack.

Kelsey also jilted umass 30 minutes b4 press conference was about to start if u guys remember. But right move in hindsight.

I was looking back at last year's portal.
this is MDspider's list as of 3/20/23 ... the 1st 30 guys we reached out to or at least that we heard about.
none became Spiders.
Richmond-Transfer-Tracker-22-23.png

At least half a dozen that I'm aware of...Bamisile, Langford, Maddox, Todorovic, couple of others that I'm not sure were ever revealed publicly. I recall Tedrick Wilcox was supposed to visit us, but not sure if that happened.

Reactions: spider23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT