ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Here's the transfer tracker as of 4:00pm today - up to 38 names already!

@SpiderBorn32 - happy to look into making this a google sheet. Give me a day or two and I should be able to figure that out. I guess I can post the link in it's own thread so people can find it easily.

Transfer-Tracker-3-23.png

AJ Smith is my top target, but I also think Perry, Brennan and Watkins would be great gets for us.

it's early. well probably contact 80 more. but some numbers stand out.

Foster - a guard from Furman, averaged 7.5 rebounds per game? have we ever had anyone average 7.5 rpg?
Slajchert - Penn guard at 18 ppg and 42% from 3?
Burns - 6'7" 220 with 13 ppg and 11 rpg?
Manon - Cornell guard is the top apg guy on the list with 4.8

half the guys have multiple years remaining, continuing Mooney's trend.
not much size. only 4 guys over 6'7".

I'd be surprised to see A10 guys who are getting playing time and succeeding (Edwards, Brickus and Cohen) transfering withing the conference. think they move up to bigger NIL.

All - happy to share that I've made my transfer portal doc into a google sheet that you can view at any time. Below is the link that you can bookmark, and I also made a new thread with the link in case you want to bookmark that too.

Richmond Basketball 2024-2025 Transfer Portal Tracker

I'll continue to post info that I find here to keep things consistent.

Thanks to SpiderBorn23 for the suggestion!

Last edited:
All - happy to share that I've made my transfer portal doc into a google sheet that you can view at any time. Below is the link that you can bookmark, and I also made a new thread with the link in case you want to bookmark that too.

Richmond Basketball 2024-2025 Transfer Portal Tracker

I'll continue to post info that I find here to keep things consistent.

Thanks to SpiderBorn23 for the suggestion!
THANK YOU

Reactions: MDspider8
20th anniversary of the last time DePawful went dancing.

Maybe Holtzmann will be the guy to turn it around for them, but I kinda doubt it.

ODU may be the leader in the clubhouse for Rice, given that they just hired the guy he was closely connected with.

So we are now in the stage of portal madness where players have transferred before the sweet 16 is set and there's still 6 weeks of school left 🙄

So we are now in the stage of portal madness where players have transferred before the sweet 16 is set and there's still 6 weeks of school left 🙄
To be fair, if you are an undergrad non student athlete and thinking about transferring you would have probably already made the decision as well. Kids need get things in order before the Summer or Fall semester.

Gkiller, I chatted with Rodney Sr. He did in fact say that if we only had more avatars on our board supporting the Richmond Spiders and not Maryland teams Jr. Would have more strongly considered Richmond. I did let him know that we are working on measures to police the avatars on spidernation. Hopefully if there is a Rodney Rice III, this new policy will work in our favor!!!!

Gkiller, I chatted with Rodney Sr. He did in fact say that if we only had more avatars on our board supporting the Richmond Spiders and not Maryland teams Jr. Would have more strongly considered Richmond. I did let him know that we are working on measures to police the avatars on spidernation. Hopefully if there is a Rodney Rice III, this new policy will work in our favor!!!!
Speaking of avatars that aren’t explicitly spider positive, what is Rothstein’s position?

Are you suggesting that support for the local professional teams in Baltimore are in some way equivalent to billboard boy? I don’t have anything supporting any college team other than the Spiders.

We have our first confirmed visit - Cornell’s Chris Manon will be on campus on the 28th.

Watched his portal highlights. BIG guard, looks like high IQ, good athlete, can do a little bit of everything. Not a dynamic scorer like King, but BIG guard that looks like can impact winning in a big way. Hate that BYU is involved. I recall from last offseason hearing that they were a big $ NIL operation, buying guys. This is the type of BIG guard that would love to add.

Reactions: MDspider8
Watched his portal highlights. BIG guard, looks like high IQ, good athlete, can do a little bit of everything. Not a dynamic scorer like King, but BIG guard that looks like can impact winning in a big way. Hate that BYU is involved. I recall from last offseason hearing that they were a big $ NIL operation, buying guys. This is the type of BIG guard that would love to add.
I'm excited about this visit. Manon would be a great get. seems similar to Dji ... so worst case could replace him if needed but ideally play next to him. that would be a heck of a defensive wing combo as Manon led the Ivy in steals 2 years in a row. he shot 65% from 2 (!) last year and 34% from 3. looks athletic and can handle. like you said, seems to do a little of everything with 4 rpg and 3 apg.

Are you suggesting that support for the local professional teams in Baltimore are in some way equivalent to billboard boy? I don’t have anything supporting any college team other than the Spiders.

Umm it has the Maryland flag in it. He's going to Maryland. coincidence? No. Don't believe us but u should believe Rodney Sr. But kids can change minds. If u change your avatar we still got a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT