ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Giper must have been like this on the bench last night.

paul_pierce_phones.png

Looking at him annoys me, so no thanks. Pass.
Agree - we have no use for him. We should not take any transfers that can't shoot the 3, in the Mooney system, it works best when all 5 can shoot or be a threat to shoot. Sometimes it can work with 4 shooters, and you have a Quinn or Cayo out there, but most times - we need 5 guys you have to guard.

Reactions: urfan1
Agree - we have no use for him. We should not take any transfers that can't shoot the 3, in the Mooney system, it works best when all 5 can shoot or be a threat to shoot. Sometimes it can work with 4 shooters, and you have a Quinn or Cayo out there, but most times - we need 5 guys you have to guard.
huh? we just won the A10 starting Quinn and Bailey.

IF only he could shoot the 3, he would be a guy to target, but his lack of shooting does not make me want him for our system, but I could see him getting picked up by bigger programs for a backup role.

He averaged 13/5/5 at Davidson. We’d take him today. & can bring Durkin with him. Tho after spending 4 years at Davidson & a10 I doubt he’s interested in moving within the league.

huh? we just won the A10 starting Quinn and Bailey.
And relied on the A10 POY to do so, and then fizzled out the last 3 games of the season. Not to mention, our PG in Mooney system is generally the best player on the team WHEN Mooney has good teams. Are you saying Huffman is "the guy" - I don't think so. And do you think we win the same amount of games this year if you take out Hunt or Bailey - I don't think so.

And relied on the A10 POY to do so, and then fizzled out the last 3 games of the season. Not to mention, our PG in Mooney system is generally the best player on the team WHEN Mooney has good teams. Are you saying Huffman is "the guy" - I don't think so. And do you think we win the same amount of games this year if you take out Hunt or Bailey - I don't think so.
no, I'm just saying that while it would be nice if all 5 starters are shooters, it's not the priority. we had a strong season with basically 2 non perimeter shooters starting. we've had teams with more shooting but who didn't do the other things as well.

And yes I know we only have two spots as we type, but have to think that will be very fluid in the coming days.
I wonder where Smith fits in. He was a true freshman like Tyne, and Tyne obviously passed him and got the back up minutes. So, if we go get a PG in the portal, nothing will have changed and we would still have PG, Hunt, and Tyne.

I wonder where Smith fits in. He was a true freshman like Tyne, and Tyne obviously passed him and got the back up minutes. So, if we go get a PG in the portal, nothing will have changed and we would still have PG, Hunt, and Tyne.
Yep agree completely here. As you noted on another thread, at one point in the offseason he was looking like he had a clear runway to the PG spot. Then King, then Tyne. So you have to think he may be weary of his situation. The tough part for someone like him - is that what type of situation do you look for in the portal? He has no college stats or tape to show off like everyone else putting there name out there. And HS accomplishments and stats are quite de-valued in this paradigm shift.

Wondering if don't have much turnover - Does Mooney go with DLo and Tyne at PG, and look for a bigger shooting guard type?
I say bring in Brickus and a Jimmerson type if you can and let the chips fly. A guy like Jimmerson I could see also sliding between the 2 and 3.

Reactions: VT4700
And yes I know we only have two spots as we type, but have to think that will be very fluid in the coming days.
This was going to be my next question - when do our players enter the portal. Or do we need to become a school that forces some players out. Help them enter the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT