ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

What a stressful time of season this must be for coaching staffs. You are getting your team ready for conference tournaments, keeping an eye on the portal situation for possible new additions for next season, and also re-recruiting half your existing team!
It has to be very stressful when you have a “supposed fan” using a picture of the Fire Mooney billboard.
You can’t even think about the nature of your negativity.
Very pathetic.

I think we need to get a big, athletic guard that can shoot 3's. the guards above seem to fit that profile, with David Thomas shooting 40% as a freshman. Also having 3 years left fits the profile. Expecting big things from DLo and Tyne next season, but having a big guard that can defend other big guards and get you buckets in a variety of ways is nice too, like a Curtis Blair, a Gonzo, or Brothers. As much as people banged on Goose, a player like him is a great fit next to a Gilly or King, and can defend vs other big guard.

Sooo, if we have everyone back that is eligible to come back, my wish list would be:
1) Big guard. One caveat, I will take the best guard available, obviously if you can get a King, get a King type player. But a 6'2 Darius Brown or David Thomas type would be great.
2) Athletic Forward 6'7 and above. Defend, rebound, shoot. Basically a Bigelow clone. A guy like the William and Mary guy not bad either, because he can shoot it at 6'10, though can't defend the wing like Bigs.

I do feel like a decent chance we open up one more scholarship.

It has to be very stressful when you have a “supposed fan” using a picture of the Fire Mooney billboard.
You can’t even think about the nature of your negativity.
Very pathetic.

Once again I somehow forgot the ancient powers over mankind that my avatar has.

Do you blame today's bed wetting on the bad picture on the computer screen too?

U don’t even have a Richmond Spiders avatar where is your support
I think while the team was reading up on the message boards last night they were heartbroken to see that they were not considered important enough to earn space on his avatar and the loss today is a direct result of that.

I think while the team was reading up on the message boards last night they were heartbroken to see that they were not considered important enough to earn space on his avatar and the loss today is a direct result of that.

I think the team is going to stop in Baltimore on the way home and take a dump on 3rd base in Camden Yards.

It’s ok he doesn’t like your avatar but it’s weird isn’t he the same guy who wants Pres Hallock fired?

I think the team is going to stop in Baltimore on the way home and take a dump on 3rd base in Camden Yards.

It’s ok he doesn’t like your avatar but it’s weird isn’t he the same guy who wants Pres Hallock fired?
I didn’t realize I was dealing with a child.

What has Hallock done to support him?

What has Hallock done to support him?

Idk I was talking about u and Hallock.

Ps but I did like going up to old Memorial stadium with my dad back in the day. Eddie! Eddie! I swear I’ve never seen a chant actually work more often. Those early 80s O’s players still slide right off the tongue.

So,

So,, you support someone that continues to post a billboard that got ridiculed by national sports networks
and the fact that Mooney’s children had to see it?
What kind of person does that?
What are you talking about you moron? Get a clue idiot.

Not going to dignify these clueless accusations with a. response but you clearly have zero idea who is who.

You’re the worst. Just the worst.

Last edited:
Let’s get this thread back on track. We have 2 freshmen coming in as of now. Last year Tyne was a late commit, so expect at most 3 freshmen next year. As 23 said, would love to add a big guard who can shoot from the portal. Also feel we may need a starting caliber big - I like Walz and Soulis, but not convinced Walz is more than a good backup, and have not seen enough from Soulis to know.

2020 - I am in general pretty high on Walz. Like his progress and I feel like he could very well take the next step and be a good starter for us. But I agree, it is not a given. And Soulis was a very good recruit for us, I was hoping he would be good enough this season to earn some time - but injuries derailed that opportunity. Would love to be pleasantly surprised that he could step into a starters role, but given the loss of the year, finding it more doubtful. I know SF will be very happy to hear I tempered my expectations for Soulis, at least for next season.

So - while I had on my wishlist a big SG, and more of a PF type - a Bigelow clone - it may be we need to add a 5. I do think the plan will be for Walz to move into that spot, hope Soulis is healthy and can back up the 5 and compete at the 4. In either scenario we are in the common practice of needing a big body.

Not ruling out Noyes, but while he can jump, he is not a guy that I can see guarding a 4/5 by any stretch - even in today's perimeter oriented game.

Reactions: spiderman
Pure speculation here, but I’m not convinced Noyes will be around next year. In the portal era guys who lose starting jobs don’t seem to stick around. Would love to be proven wrong.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer

Not going to dignify these clueless accusations with a. response but you clearly have zero idea who is who.

It must be embarrassing for you to have to resort to personal attacks. Obviously, , you didn’t follow the story
in the paper…
Please read the articles after the posting the billboard in the Times -Dispatch archives ( archives- where public
records and past articles are stored)
Are you capable of changing your mind when proof is presented to you?

You got double quoted there Brooklyn. Hits just keep coming. I am thinking Annap was the Billboard Guy, he seems to have some major pent up guilt over the billboard. Annap - maybe just come out and admit it? I think it will be cathartic.
You’re , right. After a week of the board I realized how pathetic it made us look. And then I read articles about
Mooney’s kids getting ridiculed in school and how they felt. But some people are only interested in their
feelings no matter how children feel, as well as the adults.

Rice was rumored to be going to Maryland back in the fall because a former Tech assistant he was close with went there. Now there are rumors that Maryland's Willard is in the mix at Louisville, so who knows.

The portal officially opens to all players tomorrow, and it's time to bring back my transfer tracker for the 2024 offseason. Here's where we stand - this list will grow substaintially over the next two months or so.

Last year, I tracked over 70 names - let's see how many we get to this year. Happy portal eve to all!

Transfer-Portal-Tracker-3-17.png

The portal has been open for 9 hours and George Mason has already lost three guys, including Ronald Polite.

• Wow
Reactions: plydogg
Four by my count. And LaSalle lost two and Sincere Parker is the first one out of SLU.

Josh Cohen is back in the portal after 1 year at UMass. Since he transferred in just last year, does he have to sit a year? Or did the waiver litigation that happened a few months ago clear the way for a player to transfer as many years as possible? Forgot where all that landed.

Edit: I guess he's a grad transfer, which means he can be immediately eligible no matter what?

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT