ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Presidential Election

“I'm afraid if we lose this one, it's going to take a civil war to save the country, and it will be saved. It's the greatest experiment in the history of mankind, and if we come down to a civil war, I'm glad we got people like … Bikers for Trump on our side,”

The above was said at a rally for Trump and Vance by state of Ohio Republican senator George Lang.
I'm happier we'll have the US Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines on our side. They all took a sworn oath to protect and defend the US Constitution.

As No. 2 in the Biden White House, Ms. Harris was in a key position to witness the president’s decline. Yet she too was happy to keep it from the American people. Now she asks them to trust her with the presidency?

On Saturday, Kamala Harris tweeted that as vice president she sees Mr. Biden “when the cameras are on and when the cameras are off—in the Oval Office, in the Situation Room, and on the campaign trail.”

The noble lie continues. This is all for the greater good, except it is neither good, nor is it noble.

The reason there is no Democratic presidential nominee right now—27 days before the party’s convention in Chicago begins—is because of a lie. The reason the Democrats are going to scramble to whip a majority of their 3,936 delegates into line behind Vice President Kamala Harris—the reason the most basic elements of the Democratic (and democratic) process are being so dramatically challenged—is because of the lie that everyone around Joe Biden told themselves and then told the public.

By now, there is no denying that that’s exactly what happened.

Once the reality of Biden’s deteriorating condition became plain on that CNN debate stage, the question was only who was going to admit what they knew and when.

Last edited:
Kamala Harris has been coronated. She is now the Coconut Queen. This is embarrassing. She is intimidating Putin..

Last edited:
The Republicans cannot help themselves, they have to label and denigrate, Not the way to enlarge the tent. Don't forget the saying "hell has no fury like a woman scorned".

Yep, the Trump version of the Republican Party is like a second-grade bully: small-minded, afraid of knowledge and quick to insult literally anyone who is different. And meanwhile, they want to post the Ten Commandments everywhere, despite adhering to almost none of them. The irony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiders4ever
The Republicans cannot help themselves, they have to label and denigrate, Not the way to enlarge the tent. Don't forget the saying "hell has no fury like a woman scorned".
Those videos and the labels were made by democrats. The Coconut Queen was a reference to Kamala's mother. The Brat reference is a new social media meme that is "taking the internet by storm". It was embraced by her campaign and it was officially rolled out on Monday. Both are being encouraged by the Harris campaign as part of its outreach to "young voters". I saw it on CNN this morning. You can't make this stuff up.

Yep, the Trump version of the Republican Party is like a second-grade bully: small-minded, afraid of knowledge and quick to insult literally anyone who is different. And meanwhile, they want to post the Ten Commandments everywhere, despite adhering to almost none of them. The irony.
My only thoughts about the "Brat Meme" and the "Coconut Queen" videos were 1) it will not help her to appeal to voters in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Virginia, Georgia, or Arizona; 2) it does not send a message of comfort to our allies abroad; and 3) it does not intimidate our foreign enemies.

Those videos and the labels were made by democrats. The Coconut Queen was a reference to Kamala's mother. The Brat reference is a new social media meme that is "taking the internet by storm". It was embraced by her campaign and it was officially rolled out on Monday. Both are being encouraged by the Harris campaign as part of its outreach to "young voters". I saw it on CNN this morning. You can't make this stuff up.

This is why you can't reason with hard-core partisans. These two mistook Democrat videos supporting their candidate as hateful republican rhetoric, just because they thought the other side put it out.

Kamala recently said she "took on perpetrators of all kinds. Predators who abused women. Fraudsters who ripped off consumers. Cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So hear me when I say, I know Donald Trump’s type." Don't expect anyone in response to this to say "The Democrats cannot help themselves, they have to label and denigrate, Not the way to enlarge the tent." or "the Democratic Party is like a second-grade bully: small-minded, afraid of knowledge and quick to insult literally anyone who is different"

Look, all of us have made the same mistake in our lives. Time for some introspection and to cut down on our own hateful rhetoric instead of constantly spewing hate at our opponents, the supposed bad guys. These politicians are just a reflection of the people in our country.

Reactions: Gallipoli
The polls are of registered democrats, not of the pledged delegates. Those delegates are pledged to Biden on the first ballet. That means that he has 90 % of the delegates that have to vote for him on the first round. Biden has said he is open to a convention fight by telling his naysayers to try it at the convention. It is a game of chicken... Biden knows he is in the driver's seat. This is where it gets fun.... I blame this on my Political Science degree from UR.

Here is Poltico's take

"The president would come to the convention with 3,896 “pledged” delegates, chosen in primaries and caucuses where he faced no real opposition, and representing well over 90 percent of the elected delegates. That does not include some 700 automatic “superdelegates” — members of the House and Senate, governors, state party chairs and DNC members. These superdelegates are not permitted to vote on the first ballot unless it’s determined that one candidate has an absolute majority of pledged delegates, which Biden will obviously have.

Well, so what? Even if every superdelegate refused to vote for Biden, those pledged delegates for the president would presumably nominate him overwhelmingly.

Except … those pledged delegates are not actually required to vote for him.....

But four years later (in 1984), Democrats changed their mind. Recognizing the possibility that some event — an illness, a scandal — might cause a change of heart, Democrats instead adopted Rule 13.j which says: “Delegates elected to the national convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.” That rule is still in effect. And it gives these elected delegates more than enough running room to drop their support for Biden.

“She wrapped up the nomination on Monday night by winning pledges from a majority of the delegates who at next month's party convention will determine the nominee, the campaign said.”

Some people (almost all Republicans) refuse to believe there are voters who are not white Christian males and who are under 70 years of age.

PS: The reason there is no Democratic presidential nominee right now—27 days before the party’s convention in Chicago begins—is because of a lie.

No, the reason there is no Democrat nominee for President yet if because the nomination is because the official Democrat candidate for President can't be nominated at the convention. We haven't had our convention yet.

"wow"? clearly you are not aware of Bill Maher's take on the same moves.

This is the most recent ad about Kamala Harris, in her own words...
No fossil fuels, no oil industry jobs, open borders, voting rights for prisoners, abolish ICE, defund the police, ......

Last edited:
This is why you can't reason with hard-core partisans. These two mistook Democrat videos supporting their candidate as hateful republican rhetoric, just because they thought the other side put it out.

Kamala recently said she "took on perpetrators of all kinds. Predators who abused women. Fraudsters who ripped off consumers. Cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So hear me when I say, I know Donald Trump’s type." Don't expect anyone in response to this to say "The Democrats cannot help themselves, they have to label and denigrate, Not the way to enlarge the tent." or "the Democratic Party is like a second-grade bully: small-minded, afraid of knowledge and quick to insult literally anyone who is different"

Look, all of us have made the same mistake in our lives. Time for some introspection and to cut down on our own hateful rhetoric instead of constantly spewing hate at our opponents, the supposed bad guys. These politicians are just a reflection of the people in our country.
You truly are the voice of reason. Donald Trump was within an inch of losing his life. He literally took a bullet for democracy. Yet the hateful rhetoric continues. It is a sad day for this country, when one presidential candidate gets shot and the other loses his position as leader of the country.

Kamala Harris is in favor of reparations for descendants of slaves.

Ms. Harris’s views on race likewise put her outside the mainstream. ....As a senator, Ms. Harris co-sponsored a bill introduced by fellow Democrat Cory Booker that would “establish a commission to study the impact of slavery and continuing discrimination against African-Americans and make recommendations on reparation proposals for the descendants of slaves.”

She told Al Sharpton that if she’s elected president and presented with reparations legislation, “I will sign that bill.” A 2022 Pew Research Center survey found that by more than 2 to 1, Americans reject efforts to compensate descendants of slaves.

You truly are the voice of reason. Donald Trump was within an inch of losing his life. He literally took a bullet for democracy. Yet the hateful rhetoric continues. It is a sad day for this country, when one presidential candidate gets shot and the other loses his position as leader of the country.
"He literally took a bullet for democracy."

Not hardly, the ones who took a bullet for democracy are our soldiers who died fighting for this country. You know, the ones Trump called "sucker and losers".

Sounds like he didn’t even get shot, according to the FBI, but of course lied about it and said he did.

Right, he definitely was hit by something but it wasn’t the bullet. Would just be nice if he could tell the truth about literally anything for once instead of trying to turn everything into personal gain somehow.

Don't understand this comment nor your previous post when I jokingly responded with was it stigmata. The experts haven't clearly said what clipped his ear. Clearly, it was something with the intent to injure or kill him. Isn't that enough?

Understand you disdain him, but how is he to know what hit him? All indications, so far, is it was a bullet or the result of a bullet. That's enough for me.

Reactions: whampas
The shooting was a horrible situation nd uncalled for. Further law enforcement dropped the ball, whether it be the Secret service, State or local, it should never have been allowed to happen. To me real hero's appear to be the citizens who saw and yelled to point him a out as well as the lone police officer that climbed up to confront even if he did drop down without taking him out Those two things rushed the shooter so he did not have time to get a clear aim and shot.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Don't understand this comment nor your previous post when I jokingly responded with was it stigmata. The experts haven't clearly said what clipped his ear. Clearly, it was something with the intent to injure or kill him. Isn't that enough?

Understand you disdain him, but how is he to know what hit him? All indications, so far, is it was a bullet or the result of a bullet. That's enough for me.
Agreed, the guy was trying to kill him and that's bad. But he went on and on during his acceptance speech about getting shot with a bullet, and in reality, he was hit with shrapnel. Still bad, but also not accurate to say he was shot with a bullet, that's all I'm saying.

Agreed, the guy was trying to kill him and that's bad. But he went on and on during his acceptance speech about getting shot with a bullet, and in reality, he was hit with shrapnel. Still bad, but also not accurate to say he was shot with a bullet, that's all I'm saying.

So what is the first thing you think when you hear gunshots, you hear a bullet fly by, and your ear is wounded?
Jesus EL, if you want to debate the issues fine and dandy, but that was petty. Many democrats fall into the same trap, they want to make the election about personalities, not accomplishments or attempted accomplishments.

And if you want to condemn a politician for a sorted sex life, then time to get rid of most of Congress. You think democrats don't screw around?

And if you want to condemn a politician for a sorted sex life, then time to get rid of most of Congress. You think democrats don't screw around? I'm okay with that, term limits would help.

I’ll play along, I rarely watch news. His doc said the wound was from a bullet. Where has definitive info been provided the wound was not from a bullet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT