ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NIT

Then do you think UR should decline the NIT invite?

We def need the portal, our team success this year was built on it. No coaching change for a long time. But - should we send the message the NIT is beneath us? What do you think?

Of course not. I said they were reasons p6 teams will opt out. Are we a p6? The whole context was p6. Remember u said the p6 teams all got together in a closed door meeting and agreed to no opt outs. Even for u it was one of the most outlandish things I’ve read on here. they’re pretty obvious reasons and they could apply to non p6 too although less likely. We’ll never decline. Maybe if ncaa expanded by a lot.

FWIW, I agree with every word you posted.
2. Plan? You think CM has a plan to change things up during a game? I know you are an avid Spider watcher kneepad so Im surprised you expected Mooney to do something to stop Reynolds besides the norm.
I will say this…go back and look at this board pre season and beginning of the season not a lot on here and out in the wild gave these guys a chance. As I was talking to a coach yesterday. They got everything out of these guys they could get. It’s basketball and it happens. It sucks, and as you mentioned the players are pissed and disappointed and wanted to go to the tourney more than we did. That’s not in question and shouldn’t be. We were 15-3 and won the reg season. We didn’t make some adjustments and didn’t hit shots. Refs were horrible but we had a chance. There is no winning with some of you up here. But let’s not sit up here and act like it wasn’t a good season or great season. My heart breaks for Dji and the others bc I know how hard they have worked. I’ll die on the hill of having an amazing season this year when not many thought it. I also never said the players thought it was great season. If some of yall want to call this season a failure that’s on yall and may be par for the course for some. I’m extremely proud of this team, my son and the staff. It is certainly not the ending we wanted but if we get another shot in the NIT hopefully fans will back this team but I certainly will! 🕷️🏀
Tied the regular season. Lets please be accurate. UR did not win the regular season, they tied for first. Seeded 1st does not mean Champion.

2. Plan? You think CM has a plan to change things up during a game? I know you are an avid Spider watcher kneepad so Im surprised you expected Mooney to do something to stop Reynolds besides the norm.

Tied the regular season. Lets please be accurate. UR did not win the regular season, they tied for first. Seeded 1st does not mean Champion.
UR won the regular season…we don’t make the conf schedule. We beat LOY and Dayton in our only meeting. I don’t care what the pundits say or you guys here that want to argue that point. It’s a tired talking point really. If we played a home and home and split then yeah co champs. So spin it ever what ever way you would like. 🤷🏼‍♂️ My mind isn’t changing on that.

UR won the regular season…we don’t make the conf schedule. We beat LOY and Dayton in our only meeting. I don’t care what the pundits say or you guys here that want to argue that point. It’s a tired talking point really. If we played a home and home and split then yeah co champs. So spin it ever what ever way you would like. 🤷🏼‍♂️ My mind isn’t changing on that.
Agree with Dad, but with a twist. When we look at the record books going forward it will call Richmond one of two regular season Champions, Question, would we have beaten Loy in quarters?

Reactions: SpiderDad75
First round games should be Tues-Wed. They don't host the women's games until Fri-Sat.

No shock except to SpiderTrap.

I could see Oklahoma backing out too we’ll see.

IU was another. Even tho I don’t think top 2 remaining in b10 Net they were lock if wanted it. NIT wouldn’t pass on a blue blood with 19 wins ever.

Yep Oklahoma also opted out.

Pitt deleted their tweet. Maybe they were getting hammered idk.

So how many non P5 are seeded 4 or better?
Assuming you mean non-P6...Indiana State at a 1 (guaranteed due to being first four out of NCAA), Princeton at a 2, and Bradley at a 3. One short of the max.

Looks like Big East was the P6 with an "extra" seed...Villanova, Seton Hall, and Providence.

Edit: Wait a minute, Butler is also a seed. Which P6 doesn't have two then?

There is only one Pac-12 team in the NIT.

Seeds by conference
Big East: 4 (Villanova, Seton Hall, Butler, Providence)
Big 12: 2 (UCF, Cincinnati)
ACC: 2 (Wake, VT)
SEC: 2 (Georgia, LSU)
Big 10: 2 (Iowa, Ohio State)
Pac-12: 1 (Utah)

MVC: 2 (Indiana State, Bradley)
Ivy: 1 (Princeton)

(Edited to fix my brain fart, thanks GK.)

Last edited:
Opt outs included Oklahoma St John’s Indiana Pitt Ole Miss Memphis Washington

There are no Pac-12 teams in the NIT.

Seeds by conference
Big East: 4 (Villanova, Seton Hall, Butler, Providence)
Big 12: 3 (UCF, Cincinnati, Utah)
ACC: 2 (Wake, VT)
SEC: 2 (Georgia, LSU)
Big 10: 2 (Iowa, Ohio State)

MVC: 2 (Indiana State, Bradley)
Ivy: 1 (Princeton)

Nope. Utah is pac 12.

I wonder if athletic department can arrangement round trip bus transportation to Blacksburg. Would be good way for fans to show support.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT