ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Baseball Season

Topolski just took a line drive right off the ankle, couldn't stay in the game. Was pitching very well, hate to see that.

Yeah, he was in a lot of pain, not good. Able to limp off under his own power, but clearly couldn't continue.

Tigers just tacked on a couple more to go up 7–3 and threatening more.

Edit: Now 8–3.

Spiders retired in order on 6 pitches in the ninth. 8–3 win for Princeton.

We lose 7-5 @ Longwood. Home this weekend for a three-game series with Siena, starting with an 11 a.m. DH on Saturday.

Resigned to another non-NCAA, below-.500 season. Hallock, wake up.

Reactions: urfan1
We lose 7-5 @ Longwood. Home this weekend for a three-game series with Siena, starting with an 11 a.m. DH on Saturday.

Resigned to another non-NCAA, below-.500 season. Hallock, wake up.
Wood, I'm afraid that Hallock and the BOT not only don't care about winning, they actually don't want to win. I think they feel winning big in athletics would hurt URs academic reputation. It's the only explanation to the acceptance of the current state of Spider Athletics. Communist speakers, renaming buildings, and a new spelling for woman (womxn) are far better accomplishments than raising the University's profile by athletic success.

Spiders take the opener of the DH against Siena today, 6–0, with Weirather only giving up three hits over 8 innings.

Spider sweep the DH with a 5–1 win in game 2. Finale is tomorrow at noon.

Gotta love when Weirather can give you 8 innings of 3 hit ball. Pretty impressive even if Siena isn’t very good.

Let’s win today for the sweep and get back to .500.

3-0 ood guys thus far, Neff pitching well to start. Top of 3rd. Subers coming on now.

SWEEP 14-0 , next up Towson at UR then 3 game weekend against St Johns away.

Spiders fall back below .500 yesterday, losing 6-12 against Towson at Pitt Field. We out-hit Towson 14 to 13, but ultimately the 8 earned runs surrendered by Jake Michel in 4+ innings of work was too much to overcome.

Back in action tomorrow for the beginning of the last non-conference weekend series @ St Johns, a team that is 9-3 in the month of March. Hoping we can come away with 2 of 3, or at least look competitive pitching-wise in all three games.

Series against St. Johns has been shuffled around and they are going to try and fit in two games today, the first at 1 PM and the second shortly after (website says 4PM). The third game will be Sunday at noon, as it is supposed to rain pretty much all day Saturday.

Spiders lose the rubber game, 5–3. Longwood stops by on Tuesday for a midweek matchup.

Make that 9–2.

Make that 11–2.

Last edited:
Let me know if I got this right:
• We were supposed to be good at baseball this season.
• We suck again.

• Haha
Reactions: Mo 2.0
We really only have 4 solid pitchers we can rely on right now. Wonder if Woodson pulled the plug on Mathes pitching? Hasn’t thrown at all since the blow-up vs. Rider, going on 3 weeks.

12–2 final. On to A-10 play with Joe's coming to town this weekend.

We lead the A10 in overall batting categories, so that tells you where our pitching ranks.
Just horrendous and I agree it is time for a coaching change.

Once again, we are not serious about winning. Fully fund the program and give coach some academic leniency to get players in. This is more of a school failure than a coaching failure. The school is very lost right now.

We are an academic institution, right? Why is there so much chatter about athletes being not academic? Stanford does ok in both

We are an academic institution, right? Why is there so much chatter about athletes being not academic? Stanford does ok in both
It's good to have a little balance. I'm not talking about letting anyone in, but ease the requirements some for the program. And if the school doesn't want to win, we might as well drop to the patriot league in all sports and quit pretending we are a legit A10 school.

Last edited:
Convincing 2 H-H loses this season to powerhouse Longwood is quite an embarrassment.

Longwood?I’m talking about Longwood.

Having poor pitching is nothing new for UR.Pretty obvious for the untrained baseball aficionado.

Time for a complete coaching overhaul.

Spiders bats have gone completely cold in this opening game against St. Joe's. 0-9 first time through the order.

Woodson opts to go with Argomaniz for the Friday start over Brock, and the long ball has really bitten him so far. Five hits for the Hawks through 4 innings, three of them homers. 5-0 going into the home half of the 4th.

St. Joes hits their 4th homer through 4.1 innings, a grand slam to put them up 10-2. Woof.

Two more homers for Joe's back-to-back...13–5. :(

Edit: Er, another one. 14–5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT