ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Baseball

Spiders are currently up 7–3 heading into the 8th.

Getting a little nervous...the Spiders were up 7–0 in the top of the 7th and loaded the bases with no outs, but couldn't get any runs across. And then the Patriots hit a couple over the fence in the bottom of the inning to slice into the Spider lead.

Finish them!

Reactions: urfan1
Now we only need four wins to reach the NCAA tournament. Baseball is a funny game, you never know.

Reactions: urfan1
Bad weather rolling through, tornado warnings in the general vicinity, so yeah, they pushed the game back to tomorrow at noon.

UR record v remaining potential opponents:

@ SLU 1–2

@ Davidson 0-3 (but multiple 1 run games)

VCU 1-3 (incl 1 run.loss in tourney 1st round)

Last edited:
Don't want to jinx them, but the Spiders have blown this thing open and lead SLU 11–1 in the sixth.

If they keep it up, they'll face the loser of VCU/Davidson tonight at 7.

7–0 Rams in the 6th...looking like we're going to have to face Davidson.

Bah, leadoff double but couldn't get him home. 8–6 good guys heading to the bottom of the 7th.

Does Davidson sniff an at-large if we eliminate them, or are we still a guaranteed one-bid league only?

Announcers were just talking about that...no way they get an at-large. Too many auto bids coming from lower conferences. RPI in the mid-60s won't get it done. Especially once they lose to a 200+ team like us.

Now what about VCU with an RPI of 55? I suppose losing to us twice tomorrow would kill any hope for them too.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
Got one across to push it to 11–6, but I don't know about that double play to end it. Gotta assume the call was correct, but man, in real time it felt like he beat it.

Reactions: Eight Legger
I would enjoy killing everyone's chances then. Sweeping VCU would be harder than anything we've done so far, but six more outs and we get to consider it.

Three more outs!

swing-batter.gif

Another insurance run thanks to the tough throw to first, so it's 12–6 heading into final ups. Close the door and bring on the Rams.

D'oh...leadoff homer for the Cats.

Edit: And then a single...pitching change for the Spiders, bringing Mathes in from CF.

Weirather starting the first game for us three days after throwing 128 pitches against the Lambs. They are throwing their same starter from that game too, Ellis, who went four innings and only threw 60 pitches. They are set up very well pitching-wise... None of their guys has gone more than five so far, I don't think. We need another 8+ run effort at least.

Ugh, should have been out of the first inning clean, but Weirather deflected a grounder and everyone was safe. Then a 2-run single.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT