ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Signees

HeroSports rankings (done by one person) have so many inconsistencies that there is really no validity to it, either by players or teams. Doesn't take much research to find many examples to shake your head at.
I agree. The proof will be in the pudding, and we haven't finished with our recruitment yet.
BTW, do you realize that you have as many "likes" as you do "posts?"
Quite a distinction.

Most scouting services never provide the complete picture for any of the FCS programs - Rivals included. They do not even show three of the commits in the list for UR, and provide zero visibility into most of the CAA or other FCS conferences. Scout, 247 and ESPN are all the same.

It is so subjective when they do rank these kids -look at the kids from VA (9 of them) on the Hero Sports list and then compare it to how Rivals ranked the VA kids. Only four of the top 45 players ranked by Rivals are going to FCS programs, and two of them are part of UR's 2017 class. The two others (Drew - Villanova and Mitchell - W&M) do show up on both lists, but what about the other 7 on this guy's Top 250?

This is one analyst from FL trying to assimilate all of this data - and incomplete data set to boot - so a truly difficult task to accurately complete.

Reactions: WolfSpider
fball, I'll own the Rivals misses on our class, as I'm typically the one that updates that list. 50% of our guys aren't in the Rivals database prior to my input, meaning they're not really on the radar for the greater Rivals service. The other guys still need to be manually added to our class and I've been travelling 2 of the last 3 weeks as well as finishing my MBA. I'm anticipating life to return to more normal form this weekend and have the guys on my to do list.

not to be a downer A but life is never normal again once you are married, have kids........;)

Given the timing, they have to be PWO.

Good to have another Red Bank Regional Buccaneer in the family.

Ya, no sign of other offers, which is why I assumed PWO. Just wasn't sure about your timing comment.

Based on height/weight of Laughlin I'm guessing interest is the long snapping ability

Jimmy Abate- Charlotte Catholic High School
Positions: TE, DE
Height & Weight: 6'4" 198lbs
Class of: 2017

If I have the right guy, there are numerous highlights of him on HUDL. However, they are all of him playing basketball. Not sure what the story behind the story is.

Here you go.

Same High School as Tafon Mainsah, David Herlocker, and Adam Farley. One of the most successful programs in NC in the last 15 years. Great coaching. I'm assuming he's an PWO.

Last edited:
@United_In_Red

I hope Coach Appel applies the same weight training and diet program to Jimmy as he did Adam Farley. I know Adam was one of Coach Appel's favorite student-athletes over the years.

Reactions: KBBFL
He decommitted from Holy Cross to commit to us. I've checked his Twitter profile on occasion and I don't think he ever updated it. It's easy to forget about changing it.

At least I hope that's all it is.

Check jackbowler70/media

Doesn't load but says UR '21.

Technical issue?

Something funny is definitely going on here. Admissions can't be rearing its head again, can it?

If he's on their roster, then ya, I'm inclined to think that's where he's headed. Strange.

I'd be surprised if it was academics...Holy Cross is a very good school.

HC bloggers have it wrong.DR did not recruit Jack but rather the former UTC coaches while at UTC.It was the reason he originally signed an LOI with UR.
Guess we released him from his LOI about 2 months after his signing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT