ADVERTISEMENT

“A Message from Dr. Crutcher for UR Here 2020”

my guess is gifts are needed more this year than others due to circumstances beyond the control of the University

Absolutely. And at least on the athletic side, I know a lot of former athletes and parents of former/current athletes are looking to show support for their teams in a time when sports all over the country are being dropped.

By the way, they’ve exceeded last year’s total with 26 hours still to go.

Can you imagine the strength of the argument going forward if athletic giving out paced other giving both in numbers and dollars!

It's currently 40% of the total dollars and 50% of total donors. Giving Day is certainly a very targeted event that makes up only a small portion of the annual fundraising and serves itself well for bringing in small donors to athletics, but still, it definitely says something.

Reactions: Spidermaniac
Yes, not much interest in men's basketball. Looks like they just had a big dollar donor drop in though.

The smaller sports have done a good job of grassroots organizing. Maybe basketball just doesn't care about chump change?

Hmm. No place to designate football alumni for the challenge. I guess just put it in the comments section?
(We might already be past the 100 threshold but that is not indicated on the site)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT