ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Schneider - 2017 Signee

personally like the puerto rican vertical squat, at least when working out alone. with others present, the bulgarian might be OK

This says a different location:
A.WigginsTeam Loaded ‏@teamloadedaau May 3
Will be a packed house at Uturn Sport Plex Richmond Virginia this weekend over 125 teams

If anybody has any more updates on this, in advance, please post.

Otherwise, if anybody gets to see BS play, please report back with your detailed observations. Based on his earlier reports, from this past season, it looked like he had a few "monster" rebounding games, one with 17 boards, and may have played "inside" (likely PF or SF) a lot for his HS team. It will be interesting to see if he plays more like a SF or 2-G for his current traveling team, and how his outside shot looks. Based on his brother and father, I would predict a good outside stroke. Any updates are welcome!

I don't like the moniker "BS" for Bryce. We need to come up with something better.

Bryce had a good game and his team won. OSC

I think Bryce did not have a good game but his team won. Dominated actually. (I also believe their team won the tournament which is amazing to me after seeing some of the other teams.)
But I only saw the first half of their first game and it was over after about five minutes and they were up something like 41-7 at halftime. Their AAU team actually plays very serious full court pressure defense and the other team had difficulty getting the ball over half court and when they did they couldn't run any offense.
I watched other games after halftime so maybe Bryce had an amazing second half to balance the crappy first half performance I saw. Obviously he didn't have to play that hard as his team won easily, and maybe he was saving himself for later and not playing as hard as he could have. But the rest of his team played very hard and tough on-the-ball defense until after halftime when they went to a zone as the game was essentially over. The game was decided early and Bryce had little to do with that. Again, it was a very very small sample, but I was not impressed.
And I was surprised that someone said he had a good game. I'm pretty sure Bryce would say he played poorly so why should I, or anyone, say otherwise.
He could have ended up as the MVP of the tournament as his team did win, but it wasn't because of the first half of THAT game...

I think Bryce did not have a good game but his team won. Dominated actually. (I also believe their team won the tournament which is amazing to me after seeing some of the other teams.)
But I only saw the first half of their first game and it was over after about five minutes and they were up something like 41-7 at halftime. Their AAU team actually plays very serious full court pressure defense and the other team had difficulty getting the ball over half court and when they did they couldn't run any offense.
I watched other games after halftime so maybe Bryce had an amazing second half to balance the crappy first half performance I saw. Obviously he didn't have to play that hard as his team won easily, and maybe he was saving himself for later and not playing as hard as he could have. But the rest of his team played very hard and tough on-the-ball defense until after halftime when they went to a zone as the game was essentially over. The game was decided early and Bryce had little to do with that. Again, it was a very very small sample, but I was not impressed.
And I was surprised that someone said he had a good game. I'm pretty sure Bryce would say he played poorly so why should I, or anyone, say otherwise.
He could have ended up as the MVP of the tournament as his team did win, but it wasn't because of the first half of THAT game...
Funny. I heard that Bryce played well. This was your first post. Sounds like a troll. OSC

Last edited:
Funny. I heard that Bryce played well. This was your first post. Sounds like a troll. OSC
Perhaps I read more into your post than I should have. When you said he "...had a good game", I assumed you actually saw it.
And I've posted under LocalSpiderFan (or some variation of it, I can't remember it's been so long) many times but re-registered because I couldn't remember my password and my job and email changed anyway.
I'm not a troll and am sure I could get someone to verify that if it really matters to you. Funny.

Reactions: iSpider
Perhaps I read more into your post than I should have. When you said he "...had a good game", I assumed you actually saw it. And I've posted under LocalSpiderFan (or some variation of it, I can't remember it's been so long) many times but re-registered because I couldn't remember my password and my job and email changed anyway. I'm not a troll and am sure I could get someone to verify that if it really matters to you. Funny.

LTS, it wouldn't bother me an iota if you were brand new to this forum, and I believe you when you say that you have posted before. As long as posts on this board appear genuine and not meanspiritedly ad hominem, I appreciate all opinions and input. What bothers me most on this board are the personal attacks or sarcastic remarks of some directed personally against specific players. Your post while critical does not seem to fall into that category. I can't speak for others, but I thank you for your input.

All players have off days and it does not bother me that Bryce may not have carried the team or exhibited the skills we all know that he possesses on this particular day. Considering his team's obviously vast superior level of talent which was apparently evident from the beginning and the early one-sided score, I am thinking that it may be likely that he stepped back and unselfishly allowed others to shine. If that is the case, it speaks volumes about his character.

Why is it that no one can find and post a schedule of when Bryce will be playing in the current tournament or in subsequent games? Though some of you seem to be at odds with him these days, I think that we would be wise to get the Count on board over here on the BB board since he, along with SFSpider, seem to be the best in locating such information. He is as dedicated a Spider as anyone I have come in touch with on this forum and despite his acerbic wit which often is lost on those reading and reacting to his posts, we need him on board.

How about "Bryce the Omnipotent" or "BO"? OSC

So far we have come up with "BS" and "BO," terms our opponents, despite how dull some of them may be, will easily turn into acronyms for Bull Sh%t or Body Odor.

Come on guys, we can do better than this.

Ulla, you are a smart guy and apparently supervise a group of very smart people as well (post-docs). Put your minions to work. I suggest that you put DenverDuke in charge. Dookies are generally pretty clever and creative, especially the ones who appreciate and understand sports. I feel certain that we can do better than what we have so far. Just calling him Bryce will work till we get the results of your brain trust.

Bryce confuses him with the future Golden boy.
Big Shot. plays for the Big Shots. initials BS. too much pressure? then just Schneider.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I just had to take issue with a few things you said. I'm not doubting that Bryce played well or didn't, I wasn't there. But in the same paragraph you said twice that you only saw the first half and then followed it up with how they played in the second half.

But I only saw the first half of their first game and it was over after about five minutes and they were up something like 41-7 at halftime...I watched other games after halftime so maybe Bryce had an amazing second half to balance the crappy first half performance I saw....But the rest of his team played very hard and tough on-the-ball defense until after halftime when they went to a zone as the game was essentially over.

Also seems like you are suggesting that his team played hard, tough defense and he didn't?

the rest of his team played very hard and tough on-the-ball defense

So his team allows 7 points in the first half and everybody played tough d except for Bryce? Again I hate nit-picking but it just seems like you are taking jabs at Bryces game for some reason.

Reactions: Ulla1
they won. he averaged 15.5 and had 20 in the semi's. he was co-mvp. so he must have had a good tournament even if he didn't have a good first game in an easy win. no worries, and nothing to get on LTSF for.

Long Time Spider Fan is definitely a troll pro fire Mooney advocate. Typical that he/she would bash one of Mooney's top recruits in the past decade. Schneider is going to be a big player or possibly he will be Kadeem Smithen, or perhaps in between. I trust Ulla's tweet monitoring much more.

they won. he averaged 15.5 and had 20 in the semi's. he was co-mvp. so he must have had a good tournament even if he didn't have a good first game in an easy win. no worries, and nothing to get on LTSF for.
I think that's a different tournament s-man. looks like he averaged about 10ppg in this one. his team did seem to cruise through the tournament with the exception of one game against Team Loaded. That Team Loaded group has Kiyon Boyd (4*), Aamir Simms (3*, UR offer), and Rasir Bolton (3*, UR offer) on it. So they aren't slouches.

So far we have come up with "BS" and "BO," terms our opponents, despite how dull some of them may be, will easily turn into acronyms for Bull Sh%t or Body Odor.

Come on guys, we can do better than this.

Ulla, you are a smart guy and apparently supervise a group of very smart people as well (post-docs). Put your minions to work. I suggest that you put DenverDuke in charge. Dookies are generally pretty clever and creative, especially the ones who appreciate and understand sports. I feel certain that we can do better than what we have so far. Just calling him Bryce will work till we get the results of your brain trust.

Professor DukeDenver, here. My suggestion would be, "The Bryce is Right!"
BryceBarker_zpsb7zzsjnw.jpg

DukeDenver ... that Bryce is RIght photoshop is awesome!
Ulla ... great video. he's very impressive, and better now than prior videos. don't love how one handed he is, but think it works as a lefty.

DukeDenver ... that Bryce is RIght photoshop is awesome!
Ulla ... great video. he's very impressive, and better now than prior videos. don't love how one handed he is, but think it works as a lefty.
spiderman, had the same thought about the one handedness. But you are right, it may work since he is a lefty. Also, he could develop that right hand at some point. Love Bryce's length and athleticism, and both Marquis and he have great looking shots. Looking forward to both Bryce and Marquis in Spider uniforms. OSC

Nice to see all the slashing/driving to the hoop. Some video I'd seen in the past showed him mainly shooting 3's, which is fine, but glad to see this other side to his game.

I liked the mid range jumpers he took. He knows where the basket is and is not afraid of traffic. Best thing I liked was the nice pump fake he has under the basket. Fools'em every time.

Bryce is transferring for his senior year from Myrtle Beach to Laney (Jordan's high school) in Wilmington, NC.

he must feel it will give him a better chance to improve his game. Best wishes!

Michael Jordan's HS
Always a good item to remember about not giving up -

Jordan attended Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington, where he anchored his athletic career by playing baseball, football, and basketball. He tried out for the varsity basketball team during his sophomore year, but at 5'11" (1.80 m), he was deemed too short to play at that level.

Always a good item to remember about not giving up -

Jordan attended Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington, where he anchored his athletic career by playing baseball, football, and basketball. He tried out for the varsity basketball team during his sophomore year, but at 5'11" (1.80 m), he was deemed too short to play at that level.
always kind of laugh at that story. the way it was told to me at a youth basketball camp, he was "cut" from his HS team. I pictured him working on his game in the driveway at night in the rain all year until the next season's tryouts or something. lol. he wasn't cut. he was the star on the JV team. he wasn't too short. the coach brought up one sophomore to varsity. a 6'7" kid. he needed a bigger guy to play the middle. he had plenty of upper classman guards. and Jordan would get more time to develop his game on JV.
Jordan did take it as a slight, though. like many greats, he found many perceived slights throughout his career that would continuously motivate him. Bird was the same way. he'd find it disrespectful if you didn't have your best defender on him or if a player even responded to his trash talk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT