ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Schneider - 2017 Signee

Anyone remember what happened to Dan Geriot when he bulked up? He loses his touch and moves, and what little speed he had. When he lost most of his bulk for his senior year much of his skill returned.
TJ may still be adjusting to it also. Losing his outside shot.

Ok you win, weight lifting has nothing to do with it. I was trying to come with an excuse for the constant throwing up of brick after brick. I guess they just aren't very good.
K, you are ridiculous sometimes. I never said lifting has nothing to do with it, in fact, I said I can absolutely see where it would. I just can't think of many guys on our roster, particularly under mooney, who would qualify as big boys. I thought Fezz might know something specific, hence my original question. I prefer facts over rampant speculation.

K, you are ridiculous sometimes. I never said lifting has nothing to do with it, in fact, I said I can absolutely see where it would. I just can't think of many guys on our roster, particularly under mooney, who would qualify as big boys. I thought Fezz might know something specific, hence my original question. I prefer facts over rampant speculation.
I was just messing around on the last post. Hard to show tongue-n-cheek in text. I do believe weight lifting has an effect on hand eye coordination. None of my muscle head friends in college could play any of the skill sports. They even sucked at beer pong. :)

Anyone remember what happened to Dan Geriot when he bulked up? He loses his touch and moves, and what little speed he had. When he lost most of his bulk for his senior year much of his skill returned.
I remember he tore his acl...that seems a more likely culprit than anything else.

Again, pretty sure this had to do with his injury (ACL tear) not lifting.

I didn't know DW had back problems also. I knew he had ankle problems.

DWill had multiple slipped disks in his back if I remember correctly. I believe they happened between junior and senior year.

Again, pretty sure this had to do with his injury (ACL tear) not lifting.

DWill had multiple slipped disks in his back if I remember correctly. I believe they happened between junior and senior year.
Gotcha, didn't know that.

We're using some of the most sophisticated computer monitoring and health sports science available. If you guys no more, please let the athletic department know so they can use the money somewhere else.

Reactions: fan2011 and MrTbone
We're using some of the most sophisticated computer monitoring and health sports science available. If you guys no more, please let the athletic department know so they can use the money somewhere else.
Yep---> ranked 310 in FT% and 307 in Rebounds. Here are the only free healthy tips they need. 1: BOXOUT and grab the ball with TWO HANDS!!!!! 2: Put your right finger tips directly behind the ball and creat a backspin rotation!!!!!!! That's it. I just put us in the NCAA tourney.

Let's not blame this on some fictitious assumption that it's due to our strength and conditioning program. Is it that far fetched that some of our guys just aren't good free throw shooters?

every single player in the NBA and college trains with weights. I'm not saying that you can't do it wrong. You can. But they're not.

I am not for curls tricep ectention or bench or heavy weight squat.. I am for shoulders ,core ,ballistic training and single leg bulgarian step ups and bulgarian split squats bc no stress on back but still makes legs and hip strong.
Opening hip and drop step for defense is specific defense exercise that i think isneeded at college level.. Just having my own thoughts not bad thinking for strenghth coaching.

Fezz knows a lot more than I do about strength training. My strength training mostly consists of carrying my kids up and down stairs. So far, it hasn't affected my shot any.

Reactions: SpiderK
Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. now he benches 315 easily. somehow he can still shoot.
strength training is a must. unless you're using steroids, you won't become so muscle bound that you lose any flexibility or touch.

Kevin Durant couldn't bench 185 at the combine. now he benches 315 easily. somehow he can still shoot.
strength training is a must. unless you're using steroids, you won't become so muscle bound that you lose any flexibility or touch.
NBA game is comprised of dunks and wide open 3's. It has nothing to do with basketball anymore.

Yes he could only bench press 185 and was a very very very very good college player so this is the fact about the bench press that it is not needed for baskertball

Not sure why he tweeted this...hadn't seen any sign of him reopening his recruitment.

Maybe he did it just to put all the other recruiters/haters from questioning his recruitment. Kind of like Monte had to do.

Reactions: Ulla1
Mooney was on the road ahead of Aleem's visit today, keeping up with Bryce Schneider. Think I'd prefer him to be working the 2016 class as much as possible right now, but I know you've gotta keep everybody happy.

Mooney was on the road ahead of Aleem's visit today, keeping up with Bryce Schneider. Think I'd prefer him to be working the 2016 class as much as possible right now, but I know you've gotta keep everybody happy.

Bryce can't sign for a long time so you certainly need to keep recruiting him. plus I'm sure he wasn't the only kid worth seeing at BigShots.

I have a feeling that a fire was lit under Mooney's rear after this year regarding recruiting and his being all over is a result of that.

Reactions: mcspider
As someone who travels quite a bit for work, you often go see a client at the same time you are visiting new prospects. I would expect that same conditions to exist in recruiting. Glad we show the love to someone who has already committed to us.

I have a feeling that a fire was lit under Mooney's rear after this year regarding recruiting and his being all over is a result of that.
while I agree we're hearing more about Chris being out front in recruiting, it definitely didn't start after this season. he built long term relationships with the 5 kids he's recruited for the last class and the next one. so no, I don't feel this is a change based on a fire that was lit.

Bryce can't sign for a long time so you certainly need to keep recruiting him. plus I'm sure he wasn't the only kid worth seeing at BigShots.

Agreed...I just want to know who else he was looking at. :)

while I agree we're hearing more about Chris being out front in recruiting, it definitely didn't start after this season. he built long term relationships with the 5 kids he's recruited for the last class and the next one. so no, I don't feel this is a change based on a fire that was lit.
I agree, but think he is doing more recruiting personally than just delegating to assistants this year.

I agree, but think he is doing more recruiting personally than just delegating to assistants this year.
agreed, this year and last. ideally a lead recruiter assistant gets things rolling and the HC closes. the HC shouldn't have to do everything. but we weren't landing enough of the type of talent Chris needs so it does seem he's taking matters into his own hands. and it's made a difference.

Reactions: SpiderK
So I wonder if the guys that verbal continue to get recruited. I'm assuming so...

It is good to see Bryce doing very well, as our coaches obviously had hoped. Interestingly one of the other "stars' of this event was a Liberty commit, so the secret seems to be to scout our players early, and show a long-term commitment to them.

I hope we can reign in a couple of more 2017 commits in the next few weeks, or months, since the earlier we get the commitments the better are our chances of getting high-quality players (and student-athletes). Our three 2016 commits came pretty early, as you will recall. Whoever on our staff recruited our two 2017 commits deserves some kudos, for the early recognition! Now, we just need to keep the ball rolling, and add a few big-guys to the mix, since right now our only "big" in the next two classes is Grant Golden, along with 4 other guys in the 6-3 to 6-5 range). .

am all for bulgarian immigration but we need to leave the bulgarian split squats out of the robins center.

I heard Bulgarian split squats and woke from the nap.. It is very good movement I feel than hurt myback squats . Do we have players who hurt tge back w squats I dont know but Maybe i think

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT