ADVERTISEMENT

We're #1!

This was a relatively deep dive into one of Coach Mooney’s foundational basketball principles.

It would be very interesting and educational for fans if JOC would follow up on Coach Mooney’s philosophy with a similar story on the other end of the spectrum…maybe something like Offensive Rebounds , or FTs and how they fit into his philosophy.

Go Spiders!

This was a relatively deep dive into one of Coach Mooney’s foundational basketball principles.

It would be very interesting and educational for fans if JOC would follow up on Coach Mooney’s philosophy with a similar story on the other end of the spectrum…maybe something like Offensive Rebounds , or FTs and how they fit into his philosophy.

Go Spiders!
JOC would never rock the boat. He’s got a cushy beat. If he starts writing hit pieces Mooney and Hardt would have him reassigned to doing something else.

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
Yeah. I've approached him on this. He seems to appreciate my views but doesn't pursue them much. The excuse was because I was out of state.

JOC would never rock the boat. He’s got a cushy beat. If he starts writing hit pieces Mooney and Hardt would have him reassigned to doing something else.
Ha! I understand JOC has to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds him, but he could frame it as an educational piece for the fans...that's what the turnover piece appeared to be...it could be a continuing series!

Go Spiders!

Huh, I didn't realize JOC was on the UR payroll. Oh, that's right he isn't. As other's have noted, while that is a great stat for us but it is also a product of how we play ball. You would think a team ranked number 1 in a stat in all of college basketball would be better than 6-5.

Reactions: GKiller
You would think a team ranked number 1 in a stat in all of college basketball would be better than 6-5.
the #1 ranked rebounding team is 4-6.
the #1 shot blocking team is the same team (Eastern Kentucky).
the #1 steals team is 5-5.
the best 3 point shooting team is 6-4 while the team making the most 3 pointers is 7-6.

the stat that seems to carry the most weight is assists. the top 10 assist teams all have 2 or fewer losses.

Ha! I understand JOC has to be careful not to bite the hand that feeds him, but he could frame it as an educational piece for the fans...that's what the turnover piece appeared to be...it could be a continuing series!

Go Spiders!
JOC graduated with me from UR in 1978.

Reactions: urfan1
the #1 ranked rebounding team is 4-6.
the #1 shot blocking team is the same team (Eastern Kentucky).
the #1 steals team is 5-5.
the best 3 point shooting team is 6-4 while the team making the most 3 pointers is 7-6.

the stat that seems to carry the most weight is assists. the top 10 assist teams all have 2 or fewer losses.
Spiderman-- #1 in stat smackdowns

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT