ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Davis

Both Trey and Shawndre are true warriors; no quit in those guys. Terry and TJ have some of the same stuff just not the endurance of the former two. OSC

Reactions: McSpider67
Trey played great. Were it anyone else, I'd probably feel like his missed FTs down the stretch cost us the game, but we know he can't shoot free throws. He actually made more than expected yesterday.

Trey played great yesterday, fitting that he is the only guy from Richmond on the court for either team

Lol, no I am positive TD shot the ball right before the 30 second clock wound down. It was a three point brick.
you're correct it was Trey, it wasn't even rushed or contested, it was a wide open 3 that was just horrible. Overall trey played a decent game but he should not be in there at foul time and you can't have him and Deion and Trey in together for long spells. Why guard their outside shot? Unlike Marshall that they planted a man on him at the 3 pt line.

you're correct it was Trey, it wasn't even rushed or contested, it was a wide open 3 that was just horrible. Overall trey played a decent game but he should not be in there at foul time and you can't have him and Deion and Trey in together for long spells. Why guard their outside shot? Unlike Marshall that they planted a man on him at the 3 pt line.
You realize you are replying to a post about the Fordham game. And I thought his unrecorded shot in THAT GAME was contested when he was passed the ball 28 feet from the basket with 2 on the shot clock.

Maybe we finally found that true 5th starter that has always been in Trey. He torched the 37th best defense in the country for 16 points in a short period of time. He will need to shoot 60% from the FT line, but he saw that he can do it. What an unexpected and different weapon he could be. He should easily score 10 a night.

His penetration to the boards is exceptional, and we need this game in & game out. The foul shooting is of major concern.

Reactions: SpiderK
The big issue is that people who penetrate need to make free throws. Drawing fouls is good but we need to be able to convert that into points.

We talk about how due to his FT shooting he shouldn't be in the game at the end. But Fore has been similarly bad from the line. We had no other option there.

Great game by Trey yesterday.

One of Trey's better games yesterday, loved his "fight" at the end of the game
He stands sideways and has one of the worst hitches I have ever seen in his foul shot. I am not familiar with his father's game. How good a free throw shooter was he? Maybe he could offer some family advice. I personally like the way Gibbs shoots foul shots. He catches the ball, takes a step up to the line and shoots all in one smooth motion. Davis looks incredibly tight when he shoots (anything) and maybe this movement and shoot technique might force him to be more fluid and help get rid of the hitch.
I know. I know. Pretty late to change half way through his senior year. I would love to know who on the coaching staff is in charge of free throw shooting (if anyone) and what they have tried to do with all of the individuals who are poor free throw shooters.

Shouldn't have asked about Trey's father. As much as I loved the guy, he was a sub 50% free throw shooter. Maybe he gave Trey too much advice on this subject!

IIRC, John Davis had better technique, but the result was the same, terrible FT shooter.

At one point, his father shot his number as a free throw percentage 32.

Who taught him that balloon ball FT trajectory ?? Probably the same person that taught TJ the line drive and DT the SideWinder missile shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT