ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers-Plenty of Ivy

FCS has become the AirBnB of College Football.

"Don't have the scholarship at the school of your dream? Just come stay here for a year and your fortunes might just change next year!"

"Worn out your welcome where you've been? No problem, stop on by. We'll leave the light on for you!"

No matter how much money we fed into facilities or an NIL pool, it would not matter one bit. It sucks.

Not just the FCS - applies to anyone outside the power 4.

Its free agency except no contract is longer than a year.

Reactions: Mo 2.0
Seems like we are being active in building the roster. I’m sure more guys will enter the portal as the bowl games wrap up and big programs look to spend their cash buying off the FCS top performers.

We need RB help,big time.With Savon Smith graduating we are left with Fonnae Webb and Jamaal Brown,each relatively inexperienced.

Not sure about Aziz Foster-Powell.No experience but built like Norm Bulash.

It would be the best outcome to sign both the VT(Bryce Duke) and Wagner transfers,

Last edited:
I agree with this post but cannot "like" it.
:(
FCS has become the AirBnB of College Football.

"Don't have the scholarship at the school of your dream? Just come stay here for a year and your fortunes might just change next year!"

"Worn out your welcome where you've been? No problem, stop on by. We'll leave the light on for you!"

No matter how much money we fed into facilities or an NIL pool, it would not matter one bit. It sucks.

Not sure what this means:

It means that we’ll have 2 very inexperienced RFr RBs rostered in 2024.It also means that Webb is leaving either involuntarily or voluntarily.

We’ve also signed 2 incoming Frosh RBs.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider

It means that we’ll have 2 very inexperienced RFr RBs rostered in 2024.It also means that Webb is leaving either involuntarily or voluntarily.

Wow! That’s a lump of coal on Christmas Eve!

Was looking forward to seeing what he could do with more playing time in 2024…looked to me like he was quicker to the hole than Savon or Milan this season…

Merry Christmas Spiders fans!

Go Spiders!

Wow! That’s a lump of coal on Christmas Eve!

Was looking forward to seeing what he could do with more playing time in 2024…looked to me like he was quicker to the hole than Savon or Milan this season…

Merry Christmas Spiders fans!

Go Spiders!
Yea I thought he was a physical tough downhill runner.

32 and SF

You are better as such things than I, but looking at Milan Howard's bio, could he apply for a medical if he so desired? Missed spring and fall of 21 and redshirted with only four games his first year. Played three seasons.

I thought Webb would be the featured back next year with Savon gone and if Milan left. He as well could well be a grad by spring or maybe even have finished in December depending on how summers were handled. I really hope he leaves with a Richmond degree after being here this long.

I said in another post I been trying to notice the portal offers Spiders are making and guess at who might come back as a grad but starting to think like others and yourself on the RBs.

I don’t see why he couldn’t try for a medical if he’s only played three seasons and missed two due to injury.

Reactions: urfan1
I don’t see why he couldn’t try for a medical if he’s only played three seasons and missed two due to injury.
Thanks SF appreciate the way you and 32 are on top of this type of stuff.

Hope if he can and wants, he returns for another season, but understand some of these guys are ready to move on to what their future holds.

I am guessing things will become clearer after the second signing day, and we could see new commitments from the portal day to day.

Reactions: mojo-spider
32 and SF

You are better as such things than I, but looking at Milan Howard's bio, could he apply for a medical if he so desired? Missed spring and fall of 21 and redshirted with only four games his first year. Played three seasons.

I thought Webb would be the featured back next year with Savon gone and if Milan left. He as well could well be a grad by spring or maybe even have finished in December depending on how summers were handled. I really hope he leaves with a Richmond degree after being here this long.

I said in another post I been trying to notice the portal offers Spiders are making and guess at who might come back as a grad but starting to think like others and yourself on the RBs.

Well dang. I had hopes and dreams about his last year being spent as a Spider, but I get it if he is trying to showcase his talents at the FBS level, maybe he will find a home.

Glad he has his Richmond degree in hand as he starts this new journey in life. I tend cut the graduates some slack when they move on and appreciate the time and effort they put in at UR on the field and in the classroom.

Well dang. I had hopes and dreams about his last year being spent as a Spider, but I get it if he is trying to showcase his talents at the FBS level, maybe he will find a home.

Glad he has his Richmond degree in hand as he starts this new journey in life. I tend cut the graduates some slack when they move on and appreciate the time and effort they put in at UR on the field and in the classroom.

I believe Aaron Dykes or Milan was gonna leave early previously but returned.

I believe Aaron Dykes or Milan was gonna leave early previously but returned.
I think it was Milan Howard after last season...we took him back...I guess it could happen again if he doesn't get the offer he's hoping for out of the Portal...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: 32counter
College sports have become akin to a card game. After each hand (season), the cards (players) are shuffled and redealt. On to the next hand, rinse and repeat.

The "student" in student-athlete appears to have been lost in the portal era. Has become entertainment (ala gladiators) over education. Find this misfocused and troubling.

Last edited:
College sports have become akin to a card game. After each hand (season), the cards (players) are shuffled and redealt. On to the next hand, rinse and repeat.

The "student" in student-athlete appears to have been lost in the portal era. Has become entertainment (ala gladiators) over education. Find this misfocused and troubling.
Sadly, you are correct. I totally agree with your post but I cannot "like" it.:(

I've always though rb is a position a Fr can have success at. But prefer experience.

Ouch, I had hoped he was coming back. The work to get back early shows the Heart this young man has.

Congratulations on earning his UR degree. It hurts when they go, but if they complete the student part of athlete it is not as hard to understand.

I had dreams of Nick and Jasiah having their names called a lot next year. The one bright spot is Spiders have good young guys that proved themselves last year.

Agree - hurts to lose those guys and had been very excited to see Williams. Having gotten the degree I can’t get too upset though. Would obviously prefer to see them in spiders gear but if there’s an opportunity they would rather have - they earned it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT