ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers-Plenty of Ivy

Huge Loss for the Crusaders.Elusive runner and can throw,

2023 Patriot League Football Offensive Player of the Year
Matthew Sluka, Holy Cross, Sr., QB, Locust Valley, N.Y./Kellenberg Memorial
2023 Stats:11 GP, 122-of-197 passing for 1,728 yards, 20 TD passes, 5 INTs, 164.0 pass efficiency, 186 rushes, 1,247 yards, 9 TDs, 6.7 yds/carry
*Sluka is a three-time All-Patriot League selection, earning first-team accolades twice, guiding Holy Cross to at least a share of a Patriot League record five straight League titles.
*The two-time Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week also earned FedEx Ground FCS National Offensive Player of the Week on Oct. 23 after breaking a single-game FCS record for rushing yards by a QB with 330 vs. Lafayette.
*He finished the season with 1,247 rushing yards, tops among FCS QBs and ranks 11th in Patriot League history with 3,583 career rushing yards and ninth with 38 career rushing touchdowns.
*The two-time Walter Payton Award finalist finished seventh among FCS quarterbacks in pass efficiency (162.9) and 17th in touchdown passes (20) while placing 10 in points responsible for per game (16.0).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mojo-spider
Marshall going heavy in the transfer market. We could use DB nd lineman, both sides,

The portal heightens the DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. they believe a top FBS school will grab them; they start,and enhance their draft status. Just not gonna risk my body playing with under 10,000 fans and no NIL money.

The portal heightens the DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. they believe a top FBS school will grab them; they start,and enhance their draft status. Just not gonna risk my body playing with under 10,000 fans and no NIL money.
Doesn't the Patriot League limit you to eight semesters of eligibility? Not sure if Holy Cross has grad programs, maybe they are like Davidson. Sometimes if you want to keep playing you have no alternative but to transfer.

Holy Cross does not have grad programs, but they did have a number of fifth-year guys this year. Not sure how that works academically...guess they just stay on as undergrads.

That is a different school in New Orleans.

Reactions: urfan1
Good point, that's what I get for just doing a quick Google search.

That is a different school in New Orleans.

Maybe they have a reciprocal agreement? 😂

I personally quit watching professional sports, years ago, for the same reasons mentioned in the above article. our athletic dept. has a lot to talk about going forward. I'm extremely concerned that this will eventually result in pushing recruits away from a small private school like richmond and many under financed colleges doing away with revenue athletics.

VMI LB/rover grad transfer. Voted first-team All-SoCon by the media, second-team by coaches.

Not a grad transfer, but LB Carter Glassmyer out of Saint Francis with three years of eligibility. Tons of accolades including frosh All-American in one rating, NEC Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Jerry Rice Award finalist. UNH, Towson, Wofford have all offered.

Interesting as Deveney and Haggerty I thought (could be wrong) both have a year left.
This guy looks like he is a factor, so maybe they just want another good TE or one or both of our redshirt juniors graduated and moving on. Hope they both are here another year, and we get this guy, then throw in Clarke who saw action in every game this year and should be a good group. One or two that will be redshirt freshman in the mix I believe as well.

nc good points
thanks

Been trying to figure out those that have another year if they want it and if they will indeed take advantage. Spiders had several that are just out of eligibility. but a few that might want grad school if they so choose. I am guessing the positions filled via the portal might give some clues, but I could be chasing my own tail.

We knew Marlem and Angelo wanted to move up to FBS and try to get some attention for possible NFL looks but hoping that is all Spiders lose to portal, so wish them well. I do not have an X account, but 32 and SF find stuff quick enough anyway, so hope we do not see any more outbound announcements.

Poffenbarger goes to semifinals with a lot of weapons and goes now to the highest bidder.
Collegiate sports are a freaking joke and the NCAA has created an absolute mess. The
thought that educational opportunity has any place in scheme of the NCAA is absurd. You
can say an athlete has a choice to go to any school they desire even if it is a new one each year.
But the NCAA has basically removed all the importance of education and loyalty and replaced it
with the almighty dollar. Let’s get back to where colleges stop buying championships and start
earning them the old fashion way: education first. Instead tear down the freaking NCAA and rebuild
It based on the principles of fairness and equality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT